Buying hardware off eBay

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Oleg, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

Alright. I have bought a "New." SSD off eBay without doing any research first. Don't ask me why i did it. When i should of know better. Never to buy any hardware off eBay. The sell has %100 positive Feedbacks. When SSD has arrived. Upon testing it the read and write were about 3GB. Also the package was never open, also the label is glued on top of another, and it was washed-up. WTF?!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Surely you can file a complaint with eBay. I buy all my hardware from eBay becuase of the low prices. I purchased my SSD from there and also buy hard drives from there.

I purchased a used hard drive a while ago which did not pass SMART testing, and was able to send it back to the seller and get a full refund. Also a used laptop I purchased had issues with overheating and the hard drive did not pass SMART testing and I was once again able to get a full refund. But, apart from these two instances, on the whole I haven't any issues with products I've purcahsed from eBay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.