Button idea: Automate doing all the stuff you can't do when Returnil is active

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Tau, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tau

Tau Registered Member

Hey everyone,

This is just a thought and i was wondering if it could be done.
    Currently I'm using Returnil as a fulltime protection solution, and therefore i have turned of all the automated features in windows and drivers and everything else. This leaves me with an unhappy feeling, because I know that once a while I have to reboot my computer to turn of returnil (i used the "Safe data after restart button", but once i downloaded from windows update and while it was doing it's thing at the end of my shut-down the power went in my building, leaving me with a computer that needed a format ;))

well long story made short, i spend a lot of time turning returnil off, restart my computer, go to windows update, defrag, update drivers, installing whatever is nescessary on the c:\ drive etc etc. and then at the end i have to reboot so i know that the installations are fully complete, and then i have to activate returnil to reboot once more. it's a nightmare and i have to spend at least one hour at the computer.

So why don't you guys not just add a button which automate all the things you have to do for you.

You could make it simple and just let it do the microsoft updates or you could make it work from a list, where for example you check what you want it to do, and perhaps you can program it to follow certain steps, that way you could have it updating a lot of non-supported stuff like mouse drivers etc.

this way i could just when im done with my computer press this button, and walk away, when i return everything is done. well that certainly would be a nice feature.

Best regards
    Tau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.