Business licenses updated on ERAC but not on clients

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by kenwkmsi, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenwkmsi

kenwkmsi Registered Member

I'm feeling sort of dumb here, but I can't seem to find a documented solution.

I run a single Console and Server, no mirror server. My NOD32 business licenses will expire shortly, so I renewed and installed the new license on ERAC. I also updated the Console and Server to the latest version (3.0.105), and restarted the server for good measure.

The license manageer shows the new license with no problem. However, in the ERAC clients screen, most of the clients (mostly 3.0.621) still say "Your license will run out shortly".

I've looked throught the documentation, and I don't see anything that explicitly covers this. I would have expected that when the license manager is updated, the clients would be automatically updated as well. Is there some some known and possibly undocumented circumstance under which this does not occur?
    Is there supposed to be a separate step in the license renewal that updates all the client licenses? Do I need to recreate a package and update the client software on all the clients?

/kenw

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

if you're updating the clients from internet, you have to change their username also. Send them new configuration with new UN and PW. the better solution would probably be updating via internal mirror, tho.

3. kenwkmsi

kenwkmsi Registered Member

Ah! That was the key. Now I understand. Thanks!

/kenw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.