Burning WinPe to Disk

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dueceswild, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dueceswild

dueceswild Registered Member

Ok. This is a dumb question, but I really need help. How do you burn the WinPe download to CD/DVD. I have downloaded it, and it is on the desktop. I have tried everything, but I can't open or burn it. I have sent it to the DVD drive, copied it to the drive, tried Nero.

Help?

Jim

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

It comes wrapped in an unpack and burn Wizard.

Rt click it>Properties>Unblock>Apply>ok.

Rt click and run as admin - choose cd/dvd - put a blank unformatted cd in the drive and it burns it for you.

3. dueceswild

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those options. I am running XP SP3.
    When I right click, I am presented with only the option to change the file it opens with (says unknown app), check attributes as hidden and read only (unchecked by default), and an advanced tab that opens a window that says Archive and Index attributes (both options checked to denote the file is ready for archiving and allowing index service to index the file). The second heading under the advanced tab is Compress or Encrypt attributes. Everything is unchecked here. There is no option to allow me to do as you instructed. I also believe the file was downloaded correctly; no hitches during download.

Edit- May be something wrong with the download on Paragon's end. The WinPe for DB 9 Pro downloads differently. With BR 10, during download I get a message about going online to find a program to open it. The DB 9 Pro doesn't give such a message. I'll post back if I can unpack it. Will the DB 9 Pro WinPe work with BR 10 Suite?

Jim

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Jim,

You mightn't have the Unblock option - that's for nt6 o/s.

What you downloaded is an .exe - it should just run and burn the contents to cd:

Does it look like this:

PAR-RMB-2009-11-22_012001.jpg

Go to folder options and show file extensions - you should see .exe at the end of it.

(I can't give you the hashes because I don't have the Suite WinPE cd - I changed the name on the pic to look exactly as yours should.)

The DB9 Pro cd should work fine - don't see why not.

5. dueceswild

No, it looks nothing like that. DB 9 Pro sure does though, and has the unblock option. BR 10 just looks like a miniature blank piece of paper.

Jim

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Weird d/l , obviously.

Try booting the DB9 cd and see if it is happy with the arc created by BR10 - when you browse to it.

File transfer Wizard on DB9 cd will work fine as well, I expect.

Like this?

NO -EXE-2009-11-22_020404.jpg

Just out of interest, did you try renaming the BR10 file - just put .exe on the end and see what happens.

7. dueceswild

Thanks for your help SIW2. It opened and burned without a hitch. I won't be able to run it right away though, to test and see if it works. When I do, I will post back. I don't see a problem either. Paragon Mods stated one other time that all versions were interchangeable.

The WinPe download for BR 10 never did work. I put the .exe on the end, and a DOS window opened and closed back.

Jim

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Great.

You can try again for the BR10 some time - may d/l better for you then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.