burning an image to a dvd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Desperate-Dan, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desperate-Dan

Desperate-Dan Registered Member

I want to put an image of c drive on to a dvd I've tried but keep getting an error message saying something about media I using, I've tried differant media I'm now using Verbatim dvd but still get same problem, I can't put the image onto my hdd because I only have one hdd, can someone please help. I'm a novice regards Dan.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the current version of Acronis True Image doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software.

You can find more information on how to write your images to DVD in this FAQ article.

Please also note that the ability to write images to DVD directly will be implemented in the future builds\versions of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

In case you have the appropriate UDF packet DVD writing software installed and all of your DVDs are properly formatted according to the above mentioned FAQ article, but you still can not write your images to DVD, please provide us with the following information:

- What exact version and build number of Acronis True Image you use?

You can find out by going to Help -> About menu in the main program window;

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Provide the exact text of the error message you receive;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. RicardoRoberto

RicardoRoberto Registered Member

Can I also add (and please correct me if this is no longer the case) that when I tried to do a back up to DVD using Nero I found that it would only accept one format of DVD either - or + I can't remember which but it was stated in the manual. So this may be worth investigating.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Dan,

Actually, due to TI's "live imaging" technology, you can in fact create an image to the same disk/partition that you are imaging (however, you will subsequently need to copy it to elsewhere (DVD?) in order to restore it). This means you could try the "indirect" method of burning an image to DVDs, which many people find more reliable.

In addition to the <Acronis True Image 9.0 Online FAQ> referred to by Alexey, my reply in in Post #4 ofthis previous thread titled <Three Newbie Questions> provides additional information on how to image to DVDs.

Regards

5. Desperate-Dan

Thanks to every one for the advice, in the end I did a full backup using nero backup wizard, every thing except my computer, my network places, recycle bin, and internet exployer, all on one dvd. thanks again regards Dan:D

6. Desperate-Dan

Hi Menorcaman, how do I create an image to the same disk/partition? that I am imaging? Dan

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Dan,

I've just replied to your PM but essentially all you need to do is select the destination, type in a suitable name for your image and click Next. Ignore the warning that pops up, click OK and proceed to create the image.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.