Burning a Recovery CD/DVD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by StrongEagle, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrongEagle

StrongEagle Registered Member

Folks, obviously I bought this product because I want to be able to completely restore the disk on my laptop if it should fail (rather than reload the OS then have to re-install every stinking program, then restore all files from a file based backup system).

So, call me confused. When I start DB 10 Pro backup, it asks me if I want to create a recovery CD... indeed, tells me I should. I can then run the wizard.

But when I bought DB10 Pro I also got a program called 'Paragon-134-PRE_WinPERCD_10.0.10.10505_000.exe'. If I execute this it also wants to burn a CD/DVD.

So... which to use... and in general, if I am backing up a Thinkpad T42 with a 100 gig disk, do I want WinPE or Linux or both CD's?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

The WinPe cd is better - much more hardware support.

However, if the Linux/dos cd works well on your system and recognizes and restores everything ( as it does for almost everyone ), you could use that.

Only the WinPE cd allows you to load drivers when using the Virtualization Manager.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.