Bullguard Internet security 10 beta Released!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by x ZauX x, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x ZauX x

x ZauX x Registered Member

http://www.bullguard.com/beta/Signup.aspx

" We’re taking BullGuard to the next level, introducing technology that positions BullGuard as the end user champion in the fight for digital liberation and continues to push the envelope for providing advanced technology to everyday users.

We’ve implemented:
    Behavioural Detection, enabling us to catch significantly more malware significantly earlier.

Safe Browsing, which flags any registered, unsafe web site that come up in search results.

Inspector, which locates vulnerable, out-of-date software and reminds you to update.

Password Protection, which ensures that only the BullGuard account owner can change security settings in vital security functionality.

We have also improved our general performance – both the Firewall and the Spamfilter have had an overhaul and the usability is forever being tweaked and tuned.

..and there are plenty more really cool improvements, of course :) "

:thumb: :thumb:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Did anyone tested this?

What about the Behavioural Detection?

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

What's the safe browsing search results feature? Is it from Bitdefender or Outpost or some other company?

4. Turbofylla

Turbofylla Registered Member

Well.. I dont mean to be sarcastic but (QOUTE: "taking BullGuard to the next level, introducing technology that positions BullGuard as the end user champion in the fight for digital liberation" QOUTE END.) implement features into it that has been in other products for at least 1 yr is kind of silly to brag about! I think it`s good they take BIS further, but to say something that can be seen as some revolutionary extragavant thing when its not, that is not ok.

For example behavioural detection, NIS, KIS had this in last years version. Password protection.. Well, I do belive every AV/suite I have tested the last 2 yrs has had password protection.

The positive is the software inspector. I can only guess, but I would bet they implement secunia PSI into it. It is only a wild shot. But since they are leasing components from others like the FW from outpost and the fact that both Bullguard AND secunia is Danish.. I would guess that PSI would be implemented. And PSI is a really good app!

5. Arin

Arin Registered Member

During the famous Trojan.FakeAlert.5 incident (courtesy BitDefender) Bullguard tried to defend their position stating that they take pride in providing the signature update to their customers immedietly after its released by BitDefender. So they don't do QA on signatures.

I think they have the tendency to use those words.

Regarding implementing features which has been there on other softwares, take a look at Dr.Web (quarantine + HTTP monitor) or Avast (heuristics).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.