Bullguard 2013 is Out!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disney

Disney Registered Member

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I don't think this is a big deal at all.

Firstly if you have BullGuard already installed you will still get definition updates.

Secondly, the maxium down time will only be 4 hours according to BullGuard's website.

@Disney you'll be able to install BullGuard in a few hours, surely you can wait a few hours!

Seems pretty stupid to not use an av product becuase for a few hours you can't install it.

3. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Agreed it is pretty stupid not being able to wait . Even more stupid for a software company to make it so you have to log in to use the software on your own computer in the first place . Fine with me . They must be happy to know some do not care that they handle things in a " stupid " way . I will not buy the software based on this . This is my first impression and first imprssions cannot be changed . This is a poor business practice . No argument here at all . I am stupid . I am a person . They are stupid to do such a thing as a company . They keep you as a customer . They lost me and the folks i know .

4. roger_m

Your rant really makes no logical sense. In just a few hours you will be able to install BullGuard. Why on earth is having to way a few hours such a big problem for you?

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

With all due respect to you but things could be going on behind the scenes which are beyond their control.
    You need to log in for registration purposes and i see no problem with this and if you wait a couple of hours then you will be able to use bullguard which is an excellent product by the way.:thumb:

6. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

nope, no updates whatsoever. no access to backup drive, nothing, the program may be running but it is useless

back to my trusty old free avast which has never failed meh

7. Disney

Disney Registered Member

I am not arguing here . They lost me as a customer . That is all . Too many reliable companies that allow me to download a software and use it without having to go to their site for anything . I am actually shocked that what I have written is a rabt . Not at all . you like the software . Great ! I cannot use it . I have done nothing wrong or different from anything else i do when i download a product . I attempt to use it . Acceptable for you . Unacceptable for me . That is all . Why the argument ? I am accused of ranting because by NORMAL circunstances , a software will not work because of the way they make you log in ? No worries here guys . Lol . wow . :argh: I am very happy back with my old stuff . I just wanted to know why they do this while other companies do not . Instead , I get argument ? Easy .It is just software . I am way over it .Just curious as to why they do this .

8. roger_m

Going with updates for a few hours does not make a product "useless" Many avs updates thier definitions less than every four hours - does this make them useless in your opinion?

The free Avast by default only checks for updates every four hours by default, so it seems quite comical that you are choosing to switch to Avast.

Once BullGuard are finished doing the maintenance on thier servers, I'm sure it will be quite some time before they have any downtime again.

9. roger_m

Another pointless rant from you. I don't even like BullGuard particuarly, but I don't how to can call a rare instance of server maintenance a "NORMAL circumstances."

10. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    I had gotten updates while the website was down..YMMV

11. berryracer

12. roger_m

Really? Where do you get the "many others" from?

Negative comments from only two people.

Until today you've only made positive comments about BullGuard here.

Two customers is an insignificant number, and is not a "lot of business."

I'm no having a go at you berryracer - I just find this all rather ridiculous.

13. berryracer

Meh, one customer = 7 year license / 5 PCs? not a lot? maybe not, but each one counts, ok so there has been a few negative comments regarding this issue, but I believe this will remove the trust of this company if anyone reads this

I have made positive comments, everything was positive indeed. Until recently, few glitches especially with that bug everytime I restarted my computer

Rude technical staff:

I asked the online tech staff, what is your refund policy?

He says, email payment@bullgard.com

I say: so does that mean you have a refund policy??

He says: Did you read what I just said? :rolleyes:

Well that was a bit vague! he just told me to email them he didn't say if they have a refund policy or not, secondly, that is a very rude way to talk to customers.

Another incident, I had uninstalled Firefox and installed the new version so I lost my browser plugin for BullGuard

I contact support and say how to get it back?

Support agent: Reinstall BullGuard

I say: Seriously? There must be a simpler way! :rolleyes:

Support Agent: Failure to comply with my instructions will result in the failure of you solving the issue!?

Wow!! I am stunned to see such HR language being used with a customer!

Anyway I ended the chat, the next time I launch Firefox, the plugin was installed automatically! Just comes to show the guys on the support have 0 technical knowledge

14. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Insignificant ? Okay . Only two that are known and I can add that I have a few more that follow . Sorry you are having a bad time Berry . Just stay with what worked and enjoy . It is not a software for either of us . To some folks , we are just terrible people . LOL . Laugh it off and enjoy life . Life is too short for certain comments to make any impact .

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  15. roger_m

Two customers out of millions is most definately insignificant. I highly doubt there would be any more than a few that would follow over something as insignifant as four hours of website maintenance. While it obviously matters to you and berryracer, I'm sure it does not matter to at least 99% percent of BullGuard customers.

I'm just waiting for the next antivirus berryracer becomes fanatical about now ;)

16. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

right now im in about the same boat wit avira and it sucks because i love the program. i own 15 lic's total now and can not get it to stop with the issues. im not totally giving up yet though because i like it. honestly things happen look about how many people had issues with say avg or updates from all different companies completely killing their whole windows installation. which imo is a lot worse than this i know a lot of people that lost a lot of stuff that can never be recovered some i was able to help get photos and such back but others lost stuff.

if you like the program overall i would look at this as a bad thing that happens and either move on which i did with a couple other companies and i gave up the money and still have the lic's. it happens. ive been battling with avira for over 2 weeks and not sure what else to do about the sleep issues i have with it but im hoping it gets sorted out soon.

17. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

When you read this entire thread through, I can't help thinking just how close this reads to the old joke about the "Stages of Product Development":

1) Wild enthusiasm. :D
    2) Disillusionment. :mad:
    3) Search for the guilty. :doubt:
    4) Promotion of the non-participants. :ouch:

18. BGRobert

BGRobert Registered Member

Hello,

My name is Robert Mateescu, I am a senior member of the BullGuard Support Team.

I am posting here to explain the motives behind the 4 hours downtime. If you have any comments or questions, please let me know by replying here or on the BullGuard Forum webpage.

# Why wasn't the maintenance announced?
    As you might know, there are viruses that target certain antiviruses. Giving an official announcement would give malware creators the time needed to develop specific tools to target our users.

#"nope, no updates whatsoever."
    The update servers were up and running during the maintenance, and new virus definitions were released every hour.

#" no access to backup drive, nothing, the program may be running but it is useless."
    The Online Drive was indeed unavailable, but this was specified on all our webpages. However, all other modules, including the Support section, were unaffected. Note that a Quick/Full computer scan can be started using Command Prompt, even if you have not completed the installation by logging in.

# Why do you need to log to complete the installation?
    - The subscription tracking is made trough the username, not trough the license key. This give your BullGuard subscription great portability, as you can change the computer(s) protected by our software anytime, free of any charges, as many time as needed. We require instead a valid subscription, which is checked upon login.

#"have their servers down?!?! this is not excusable by any means"
    BullGuard had today its 7-year anniversary, and this is the first time when we ran a worldwide maintenance. Moreover, this was made in order to ensure a faster access to the Online Drive and reduce the update/download time.

# "Wow!! I am stunned to see such HR language being used with a customer!"
    Since we put great value on customer care, this intrigued me greatly, so I have checked your chats with our support team. Note that our agents continued to assist you even you were using expressions like "sc**w you" or "incompetent clown". If you agree, I can post the exact conversation.

Moreover, if you try/use BullGuard and encounter any issue, you can receive a faster solution by contacting our Support Team directly or by posting on our Forum page. This is not meant to discourage you to keep posting your opinion/problems here.

/Cheers!

19. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Thanks Robert ! All the best for Bullguard team :thumb:

20. darts

darts Registered Member

Still running Bullguard and it is a great product that is still very light and works very easy.

21. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

This may be a little bit off-topic, but perhaps necessary in light of recent events on the AV forum.

Call me soft, but I have never demanded a refund for any product I purchased in all these years. This is because I believe that bugs and issues do happen and it is imperative that I give a company a chance to fix it, even if it takes time. None of these companies intentionally ditch you or ignore you (the competition is tough, a lot are happy to get your money!), if there's a problem and progress has been slow, it means they are having troubles replicating the issue.

I guess I'm softer towards support technicians because I've actually observed them at work; sometimes they take a lot of flak for things that weren't their fault at all. I feel they try their best always (even considering my distaste for outsourced support a-la Symantec), and I know a simple thank you goes a long way for them as well as for me the customer. Maybe that's why I have never had a truly bad support experience.

But like I said, I am quite forgiving on companies. Security programs today are so complicated, support staff as well as developers have a lot on their hands when it comes to fixing bugs! I've had issues that you could only reproduce with specific software installed with specific drivers on a specific OS version and specific hardware configuration! That's a nightmare of a bug to fix, and if the number of customers suffering from this bug is less, any developer will naturally focus on fixing more widespread bugs. That sucked for me, but they (not BullGuard, some other vendor) did get around to fixing it eventually.

Anyway, what I'm saying is: A little patience, and a little respect goes a very long way when it comes to talking to support (or people in general). These people's jobs are tough.....

As for BullGuard, I was amazed at the high level of support offered to even trial users. I like the product, but I am quite satisfied using AVG for many years and that product is affordable to me as a student, while BullGuard (without this discount) is quite out of my budget. I don't really have a use for Online Backup either. But I won't deny: BullGuard has some of the best support in this business.

7 year? BullGuard was launched in 2002 right? I remember you guys used Sygate as the firewall in the beginning.....:)

BTW, the name "Mihaela" sounds familiar. Long time employee, maybe. But then, a lot of people have that name :D

22. gery

gery Registered Member

Avg Antivirus is worth the money ( you can afford to spend in sites like V3.co.uk because it is just 5-10 bucks ) but IS and Premium is not . Although very expensive they still demand for stuff like family safety ( which i need for my kids ) or PcTunes and so on. It is a very ridiculous price IMO .
    I have been using AVG since ages
    Anyways since we are talking about BG it is really expensive but it has quality software evolved so i guess that is why .

23. darts

darts Registered Member

Bullguard Internet Security 2013 works great on Windows 8 pro and light. No problems at all at this moment , does someone else got any problems with Bullguard 2013??

24. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hate to bring up an older thread, but I have to say: 8 years later the support is still great and the product works like a dream now that I have given it a trial go. I'm feeling a great impulse to buy but I already have my AVG and PC Tools licenses so some part of me still keeps saying "overkill man!" :)

But, kudos to BullGuard: Great product, great support, keep it up guys - this suite in its overall efficacy and "just works" factor is a lot better than some others :thumb: :thumb:

25. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Yes, it's a little used gem.

And if you look around, licenses can be obtained very cheaply and serial keys for old versions can be updated to the latest ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.