Bullguard 2013 is Out!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

If you were sure it was a false positive, you might want to allow it.

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

or restore it from the quarantine.:thumb:

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Oh yea that makes sense,So a behavior detection would be allow or block and a file detection would be disinfect or auto block and or quarantine.

I am really Liking my PitBull Oh I mean BullGuard.*puppy*

4. kwg

kwg Registered Member

Yes!

Also, while the file is in quarantine, you can upload it to BullGuard's lab first, and then restore it.

5. kwg

kwg Registered Member

That's how it works, and it does make sense!

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I just had a instant chat with live support.The Novashield I mentioned before is the behavior component used from Novashield.How good NovaShield is not sure.I dont know why but I like the name Novashield.

7. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Well, BullGuard sure has turned into the flavor of the week. How long do we think it will be before people are off in search of something different? :eek:

8. The Red Moon

Personally ive only been using bullguard for a day and im very impressed.:thumb:
    Im one of lifes natural sceptics and it has won me over.Ive tried several suites and this one works how i like and i see no reason to look elsewhere unless something catastrophic occurs.Its all down to what works for everyone in the end and im quite happy with this product.:thumb: :thumb:

9. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Yes it is, I missed that I saw the block in the first set of options but didn't notice this.

I am wondering though if anyone else has issues with CPU usage, or if it is just me. My Windows install is in far from an ideal state. I did a clean install of Win 7 64 bit very recently, but straight after restored all my apps from with previous 32 bit install with Laplink PCmover. If I was using Bullguard on a fresh Windows install then presumably the result would have been better, but based on having used Roboscan on my previous install of Windows 7 - it would seem that Roboscan is a lot lighter despite also using Bitdefender's scan engine.

10. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

yeah mine was all over the place sometimes over 50% cpu. it still seemed light which is wierd

11. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

In my case there was a noticable drop in performance. However, as you point out CPU use doesn't always give an accurate indication. I remever and old version of Viper antivirus causing a big performance drop while showing very low CPU use.

12. Sher

Sher Registered Member

Read so much positive feedback here about it and decided to give it a go. So far, it's eating up a lot of RAM (95-100). Any ideas? Any tune up in settings?

P.S. The process "BullGuardScanner.exe" is consuming like 75 MB alone.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  13. zfactor

75-100mb imo is not considered that much any more many av's use this much, its when it breaks that 100mb markand i have seen a few break 300+ that i start to worry about ram usage even eset uses 70-90 same for avira but they are two of the lightest out there.

14. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I just had a chat with live support and they asked me to turn off the UAC. Upon restart, I got a BSOD pertaining to "afwcore.sys." Also, the RAM usage is still in access of 100 MB.

Very impressed so far with this program. :)

P.S. The updater keeps giving the error that the server is returning corrupted files.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  15. The Red Moon

It does settle down after a while and all suites are like this upon first installation although i never experienced the issues you are mentioning.
    As for lightness in terms of resource usage i have yet ever to see a full suite which is lighter than comodo internet security.I seriously do not know of a suite which is lighter.
    But bullguard is running fine here.:thumb:

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well I have it also installed on a Toshiba Netbook with about 1GB. And everything I have tried on this has had an adverse impact. WSA and Bullguard are the only 2 that dont effect it in a bad way.

So ram this and that, I dont care, it is in the actual every day operation that tells the truth. BullGuard:thumb:

17. Sher

Sher Registered Member

Having all sorts of problems with this crapware. Now, the firewall isn't turning on upon restart. What the hell? :mad:

18. The Red Moon

Did you save the settings?
    I also noticed within the AV console that if i didnt press save then the AV changes its settings.:'(

19. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

don't call one of the best AVs out there crapware when most likely it is a problem with your system / user error :mad:

everyone else is enjoying it :rolleyes:

20. zfactor

sher i am honestly guessing something is going on with your specific system this as well as avg both had issue with the firewall part of the suite specifically... i would honestly think its something else. dont take it the wrong way but i do this on a daily basis as do many others here and it seems odd you are having issues specifically with the firewall of 2 different suites who both use different firewalls

21. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

it probably is a symptom of leftovers of a previous antivirus that are causing this and only a fresh install of Windows is a solution at this point

This is why I always use an app called appremover to remove my antivirus or security suites as it removes all traces and leftovers so I can install the next AV or suite with no problems! have always worked like a charm

22. The Red Moon

Appremover looks like an interesting program,
    I usually go to a different image when changing security although im quite happy with bullguard at the moment.:thumb:

23. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I am an advanced user. I had fully uninstalled avast! prior to installing that. Bitdefender and Bullguard are the only two programs which have given me such headaches. And there is nothing wrong with my system.

I have now installed Kaspersky and it's running like a charm.

Based on my personal experience, Bitdefender and Bullguard are crapware!!!

24. The Red Moon

Why did you not just install kaspersky in the first placeo_O
    Although i would agree that kaspersky is a fine product but calling others crapware is not neccesary .:ninja:

25. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I wanted to give it a try after all the positivity surrounding it, but it turned out to be such a huge disappointment for me.

And I am not comparing Kaspersky to Bullguard here.

And I will definitely state my opinion. If you don't like it, I can't help it. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.