Bullguard 2013 is Out!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I have but can't find anything interesting to buy, most their stuff are AntiVirus or graphic design

I was hoping they had a cheap license for Internet Download Manager as it's my favorite Download manager. I have 1 license but wouldn't mind grabbing another one for my work PC as its that good! there are free alternatives but nothing even comes close to IDM and its ease of downloading YouTube / Flash Videos

2. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    just downloaded it: Expires
    BullGuard Internet Security 2013: 9 Oct 2012 14 Oct 2012: 5 days of protection although through their Facebook it was supposed to be 3 months.

1. Do they tack on the extra time at purchase?
    2. When I buy it this week for 2013, when it comes to 2014, am I required to purchase again (regarding free upgrades to new versions if we have a license like I'd have from 2013)
    3. Does the license activate immediately?

3. berryracer

That's strange man, when I donwloaded it, it gave me 60 days license as a trial, when I purchased the license, I received it within 1 minute exactly.
    Then I went to settings > accounts and I added the license there

the moment I added it and closed / reopened the settings then went back to Accounts, it said I had 425 days left. So that means it actually usd my trial license and added my license on top! Very good! so its like 1.2 years.

I have never seen any other Antivirus do that, usually when you add your license, the trial gets deleted and you are running on your own license right away

their tech support are very fast! they responded to my email within 2 hours and their live chat support is not bad although I have to question the knowledge of the clowns they put there

And no when 2014 comes out you dont have to repurchase, a license will work on any version year as long as you are using the same product

example, you have BullGuard Internet Security 2013, so you can use it on BullGuard Internet Security 2014 but not the antivirus or any other product they may come up with

its the same thing for Kaspersky, Eset, BitDefender, etc.

4. sportsfan7700

I probably need to purchase the license..just running the trial right now. Should be able to next week.
    Before purchase did you have 5 days protection? That's probably where I'm at. Going to grab it next week.

5. berryracer

what do you mean 5 days protection?

I just used it for 30 minutes and fell in love with how snappy my system was and I know it's good as it's running on the Bitdefender Scanning Engine :)

6. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I'm doing the trial...60 days. I think they have a Ft Worth filter that blocks you! Ha....sure runs nice!:D

7. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

I live near Fort Worth and used up our allocation of BullGuard 60-day trials about 73 days ago. Sorry. :D

8. sportsfan7700

BullGuard Internet Security 2013 9 Oct 2012 14 Oct 2012 Trial

I do realize I'm running the trial. There is an product ID in Settings>Account. I've tried to enter that in but that comes up with an error. Same goes in the activation page...

9. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Did you try creating a BullGuard account? I seem to remember having some issues with the expiration date when running my trial and maybe it straightened out when I setup an account. Uggh, I don't know if that was BullGuard or something else. I have trialed about six or seven applications in the past few months and cannot keep them straight.

I do think BullGuard ties your registration for the purchased product to an account once you buy it and have a serial code.

10. sportsfan7700

I have an account..yes. Emailing support now and will post answer once I get it.

11. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Not so. Take for example Avast and Roboscan. The paid version of Roboscan offers very little benefits over the free version, and the free version of Avast while offering less functionality than the paid version, has always been a very complete antivirus.

Anyway I'm going to install Bullguard now and see how it goes after reading all the positive feedback on this thread. Although, I have not felt at all vulnerable during the last six weeks of being antivirus free.

12. berryracer

Try it bro, it's so light you won't even feel you have an AV installed :D

13. roger_m

When Bullguard launches it asks me to create an account or log in. When I go to log in, I am told my subscription expired in January of 2008, and won't let me continue without purchasing Bullguard or supplying a license key.

I did get around this just now by creating a new account using an alternate email address. It was very painless all I had to do was supply the actual email address and choose a password, and that was it. No need to even open a verification email. Still, would have been nice to be able to use my existing account for trial purposes.

14. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Its all your faults that I have installed BullGuard AV on a netbook.Whats the secret why it runs so light.I actually was able to surf through web pages while doing a full system scan.:D

15. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I wonder how most of the BitDefender licensees manage to make their product lighter than BD, even though they add to it...

16. Dark Shadow

I dont know but Maybe I can sneak my BD license in BG.:p

17. roger_m

I actually like the minimalist interface of BullGuard 2013. When it first ran, I was given the option to show more detailed information, and when I did that I was able to get it to prompt for actions rather than acting automatically.

I ran a quick scan, which actually was quick to run. It automatically removed one threat, something I was highly annoyed about first. However, when looking at the scan results it was tracking cookie - I certainly hope you will be prompted about what course of action to take for files ad registry entries.

Next I ran the tune up module, and was impressed and surprised that the registry cleaner gave no false positives.

All very impressive so far, but frequently the file scanning process was using over 50% cpu use, and that was just from the on access scanner - I wasn't running any scans. To be fair, I was doing a lot on my computer at the time - Auslogics was running a scheduled background defrag, and Tuneup Utilities was busy searching for the biggest files and folders on my computer.

However, this amount of cpu use is unacceptable to me, so BullGuard has been uninstalled. Time to search for something lighter, switch back to Roboscan or stay with no av installed.

18. Dark Shadow

Going back and forth BD on one netbook and BG on another, I still like Bitdefender better.

19. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Unlike the BD clones, they only license what they want. Besides performance and in-house technology, I think it saves them some money.

20. Dark Shadow

After spending some time with BG and BD I found No difference in overall system performance on 2 netbooks - both our identical netbooks with the same exact additional security setups. Both have the same services running or disabled and both have the same browsers with no addons or extensions etc.

There is a few things about BullGuard that has the edge over BD.
    1.The Gui opens much quicker
    2.Updates seem to finish up a little quicker.
    3.Doesn't Cause the UAC prompt to become silent-No sound like BD but I assume thats a bug in BD.

What I find to be about the same.
    1.Boot up time seems about the same but I did not time them.
    2.Shut down is about the same.
    3.Browsers load and open about the same.
    4.Web surfing-openning links is about the same.
    5.Full system scans about the same time to complete.

Overall I like BD better for the Gui and the option of SafePay,Your mileage may very.Thanks

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  21. sportsfan7700

Response I got from support, which was VERY helpful:

Dear Mr. Seplak,

Thank you for contacting our support team.

Please note that the mentioned trial period is only added to your account depending on the location you download BullGuard from and the sequence in which you visit the source sites. In this case it may be that this sequence was inverted. Also, the product ID found in the BullGuard settings is not meant to be entered anywhere, it is there merely for information purposes.

This is why I have manually extended your account with the trial period. Please relogin in the BullGuard application to see this, as shown here:

22. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Seems like there are about five threads going on for Bullguard ATM, so if this has been asked already, I apologize.

Does BG auto delete/quarantine without asking like Bitdefender does? Or does it ask you how you want to handle when it detects something it sees as a threat? thanks

23. Dark Shadow

I only seen two options in the settings of how it handles a virus - Auto disinfect or Auto Block.

24. berryracer

I like the fact that their support responds to meh in l3ss than 24 hours.

25. Dark Shadow

Supports is always a good thing and you also have this.http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.