Bullguard 2013 is Out!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

actually it is, my Oklahoma Sooner fan,:argh: .

Installed it on a Toshiba NB255 and it has no impact ,which is weird because, everything has impact on that piece of crap netbook.

Honestly, I like it. We will see.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

it was far from being what i would call crazy heavy when i used it but it was also far from light imo. not nearly as light as ess or avira etc....

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I love Avira, but on 2 computers, its Webguard brings my browser to a screeching halt.

BullGuard, isnt the lightest but honestly, it really seems very good.

4. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Thanks...not for the shot to the heart but the info on BG.:ouch:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  5. zfactor

do you install the toolbars in avira?? i dont install the tool bars, backup, or parental controls everything else. i have yet to see any slowdown from avira on any of the machines i have it on. and i agree bullguard is not the lightest and i can also say its not the heaviest either its for sure in the middle.

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I had to uninstall-ed mine

7. darts

darts Registered Member

This thread is about Bullguard not Avira. What do you people find about Bullguard??

8. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Nice smooth install and you're right...it is light. :thumb:

9. darts

darts Registered Member

I hope for in the fuetre they wi'll pt a safepay function in it , but for so far it is the greatest antivirus for so far. And cheap also.

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

How much are we talking here?

11. zfactor

if you look around i have seen it under 10$ for a 1yr 1pc lic

tried it and removed it yet again and now i fully remember why. another av that does not allow a CUSTOM install, their custom install is a total joke it lets you pick the directory its installed to and nothing else. i dont want parental controls on this system, nor do i want the backup, system optimizer junk etc. and yes i can uncheck them but i want to be able to NOT install them. even avira im using now does show the non installed items in the gui but they are greyed out. all these av's get more bloated by the year what happened to the GOOD OLD DAYS of straight foward av/firewalls?? sure add the bb or hips or whatever you want but please keep the extra garbage out of these programs. drives me crazy and maybe im in the minority but i dont want all the extra optimizer and backup junk along with the facebook stuff i dont use facebook and never will why do i need it shoved down my throat and even with avira i disagree with it being in the gui if you dont want it they should let you remove it. give me bullguard with a true custom installer and maybe ill try it again.

sorry end rant/

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  12. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Thats the trendy now a days no.Why not just install the AV and use your own FW.This is why I refuse suites to begin with as I hate the extra baggage.

13. zfactor

i prefer things to be integrated personally. i know i can do separate firewall but why should we be forced to? if they have a box to check for a "custom" install it should be a actual custom install.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the cool thing is, the firewall is Agnitums Outpost. Also, get the AV if you dont care for all the added modules of a suite. Personally, this is the best suite I have yet to install. No issues, at all.

15. zfactor

i love that it uses outpost firewall but i just want the combo. if anyone from bullguard is reading this PLEASE PLEASE make it a true custom installer i would honestly use it and BUY it for MORE than a dozen pc's yes i really like it WITHOUT all the extra junk. why not make the internet security basic and then do what other companies do and make like a platinum or a internet security plus etc and add the extras into that version. then i would actually use it especially for the prices i can find it for. i did send them a email asking if there is any way to remove or disable fully the add ons.

16. Dark Shadow

Yes I totally agree a custom install should be just that and no less.

17. Dark Shadow

Wow Bitdefender and outpost... thats pretty neat.

18. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Why did you download and try to install if you dont want half of what it provideso_O
    If its a basic AV/firewall you want then go for comodo.Im sure you read up on all the features of bullguard so i cant understand your ranting hereo_O

Hope comodo takes you back to the "good old days"
    Best wishes.:thumb:

19. zfactor

i was hoping i could turn them off because when you start the install there is a CUSTOM install button. why even bother adding a custom button if all it allows you to do is change the directory it installs to?? shouldnt even be there if thats all its for honestly. and i dont even use comodo i would like to test v6 as i test all av software. and personally i use ess, avira and avast and all but ess allow a full custom install with avast having prob the best custom install out there. and even ess allows you to turn off features you simply dont want without any issues.

i actually really like the bitdefender engine as well as the outpost firewall. if this custom button at the beginning would actually allow a real custom install i dont think there would be a better suite for me out there. so im not at all saying this is a bad program but they should offer a true custom install or why even have the button there?? makes no sense

20. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Well to be fair, Kaspersky Internet Security, you choose custom, and all it allows you to do is to change the directory and to opt out of the cloud stuff, nothing else, it doesn't ask you if you want or not the useless anti-banner which doesn't work right for most of the ads, blocks some, leaves the rest, and that safemoney for accessing banking sites, just plain annoying, and what if I don't need the vitual keyboard? you see my point? unfortunately, most Security Suites are full of bloatware nowadays as they must follow the competition to gain market share.

another example is Eset Smart Security, it install parental controls by default and anti-theft, well guess what, the only thing I can do is disable them but I dont have a choice during installation to have them installed in the first place

so with all do respect, your rant is pointless if this is what you're basing choosing a product on. Yes, I agree I would love to have the option of not installing them, but the effectiveness / light system resources / outpost firewall / Bitdefender scanning engine for $10 USD is just excellent. not bad for such a great combo

21. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    Really liking it..no real impact on system resources, scans in 35 minutes (400,000 or so items on my drive C)

Love the free support and 5 gigs of online backup. Also..this is a major plus-3-PC licence and FREE upgrades to new versions

22. berryracer

same here, love every bit of it! Its so light I barely feel I have an AV installed yet it has one of the best firewalls / scanning engines!

I also love my 5 GB of free online backup space which sits in "Computer" as an additional drive where you can easily copy your stuff to for backup :D

23. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

24. berryracer

25. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

Its called Google my friend. I got BDA for cheap from DownloadCrew so why not see what else they have to offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.