Bullguard 2013 is Out!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

Any Safepay with it like Bitdefender

2. darts

darts Registered Member

Nope , i hoop it wi'll be implemented maybe

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Maybe I am a little brainwashed, but I especially like the Safe Money/SafeMode that some AVs are implementing.
    That feature is an important one what with all the hackers, etc.

It would be well for Bullguard to develop it, and implement it.

Jerry

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Which av,s?
    where is the comodo safe pay etc.yet millions swear by comodo.
    Avira safe pay?
    Many of the top suites have survived without this function.
    Why is it suddenly crucial to have it now.
    Have the hackers become larger in number.:ninja:

5. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Well, I think the VPN-enabled or virtual machine style browsing sessions are a brand new feature that seem to be available in just a few products like KIS, Bitdefender, and Avast. I agree with Jerry and think these things are a great feature. I suppose it is highly likely that they will show up in more products.

I will be interested to see what happens with Bullguard and this type of tool. I remember seeing BullGuard years ago at a Target store but I really have not paid any attention to them. Reading on their site, however, they seem to primarily integrate other companies' content or systems into a nicely packaged and robust suite. Judging from my experience of the last few days, they do this very well. They have at least some scanning component developed in-house, but who knows if they can or will develop their own secure browsing environment. Maybe they will license the capability from someone else. If they do, I hope they work with Avast. I like their SafeZone the best out the three mentioned above.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Sure most do not have this function. However, the two I am using do, Kaspersky and Avast.

I got along without them for years, but I am more confident of my security when using my laptop using an unsecured WIFI in a hotel.

While not crucial maybe, I do desire to take advantage of improvements in protection when I can do it conveniently.

I don't have any numbers, but I suspect that hackers are greater in numbers, and more sophisticated. However, you can decide that for yourself.

Regards,
    Jerry

7. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDdFyrBjSHg&feature=em-uploademail-new

8. carat

carat Guest

BullGuard = BitDefender without all the bugs! :D A free version would be nice, come on BullGuard ... :doubt:

9. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

BullGuard have to license the technology, so they can't even do an extended trial beyond 90 days, as far as I remember. Definitely not a free version.

We've asked them a few times for a 6-month version for our UK magazine promos, but they haven't been able to offer one, sadly. From what I understand, BullGuard have to pay a license fee for any extended trials beyond 90 days.

10. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

:thumb:
    -http://feedback.bullguard.com/forums/138160-general-feedback/suggestions/2911416-how-about-a-free-basic-internet-security-with-anti

11. waters

waters Registered Member

No bugs here with Bitdefender,why buy something that doesnt have all the features of the real thing

12. The Red Moon

Thanks for your interest and sharing your ideas with us. Indeed freemium is a model that looks attractive for some of our users and we might consider it for the future. However, please consider the fact that all free products are heavily limited and besides catchy marketing, don’t offer you full protection.

What about comodo.?
    Is that all limited and catchy marketing.?
    :doubt: :ninja:

13. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

I am not sure why we are focusing so much on Bitdefender. That is only one piece of Bullguard Internet Security. Clearly, the Bullguard people sought out the best technology they could license to put into their product. It is a mistake to think the suite's capabilities are too reliant on just one piece.

So, I had to uninstall Bullguard from my three year old laptop. The machine was not operating very smoothly so I decided to go back to Eset Security Suite. That is about the only program that runs well on my laptop for some reason.

After I uninstalled Bullguard, the laptop was running very sluggishly, even before I had reloaded ESS. I found that the process for Secunia Personal Software Inspector was consuming lots of CPU power. I know that Secunia is licensed as a part of Bullguard and I already had it on my laptop before installing Bullguard. It was still on the machine as a stand alone product after uninstalling Bullguard.

I don't know what happened during the uninstall, but the machine was practically unusable until I then uninstalled the stand alone version of Secunia. I may reinstall Secunia to see what happens. Anyway, if you are trialing Bullguard and uninstall it, you might want to watch for a problem with the Secunia process going wild. Hopefully, it was just something weird with my machine.

14. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! Tried 2013 of Bullguard...used it with WSA Essentials and App Guard...two things...no Scan Scheduler evident...and the Spamfilter wouldn't recognize that I'm a Windows Hotmail user...not a satisfactory experience. Now having said that...these two issues were also akin to Bullguard 2012 Internet Security Suite. And perhaps their might exist issues with WSA and App Guard. That was my experience...so I re-installed Avira I.S.2012...it's more customizable...and lighter on my system resources. And as a footnote I also un-installed App Guard...as I felt it simply interfered to often with my apps. Sincerely...Securon

15. The Red Moon

Everybody installing and uninstalling.crikey im surprised everybodies computer can take it.
    Anyway after my kaspersky has expired i may try bullguard as it seems a decent app.
    Regards.:ninja: :ninja:

16. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

well people should be making a base image to restore to before installing any new av imo. its never a good idea imo to install any security program on a system that has had another whether you use the uninstall tool or not. tried bullguard and found it okay. great detection but didnt like the suite overall personally.

17. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I think asking for a AV+FW is a little bit too much to ask, at least for now anyways. I guess it would be nice though if they included a "simple" free version that uses their in-house sigs and maybe antiphishing module.

Everyone is drooling over BitDefender... hehe.. :p

18. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

There are more than 12 decent security products out there. 30-days of free trial per product, and now you have year's worth of free security. Rinse and repeat the next year :p

19. The Red Moon

LOL didnt think of this in that way.Not very healthy for the computer though.
    You say there are 12 decent security apps.
    Care to list them.?:blink: :ninja:

20. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

as i said make a base image prior to any av being installed then when you want to change restore your image install new av. done then you can easily switch between them all as often as you want to.

21. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

Does bullguard support opera browser ?

22. darts

darts Registered Member

It is still running very light and Good on my ststem i like it a lot for so far as now.

23. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

Is there any password protection for online banking?:)

24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have been using this for a couple of weeks on a computer, incognito.;)

It has to be one of the best suites I have tried in awhile. How good? Just swithched remaining computers over to it:thumb:

25. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

It must be light! o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.