Build 9796 USA or UK build?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jehosophat, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

ATI 2009 build 9796 is now available on the UK site.

It is available under my registered products.

Several threads here talked about Acronis having different build numbers for the USA build and the UK build. I see now postings saying that there is a build releases in the USA with the same build number 9796.

So what is going on? Are either or both builds actually 9791?

Confused I am. I am sticking with build 9709.

2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

3. pot2pan

pot2pan Registered Member

So do I. The current build is given as 9796 on the download page, but if you really go to your UK registered products to download the new build, you will probably find like I did that the product that you can download there is in fact build 9770. A build which does not work for me.

4. jehosophat

The available download under my registered products on the Acronis UK web site says Build 9796.

But if I right click on the downloaded build the file version is 9791.

This is just a confusing mess by Acronis.

5. jehosophat

Here are the release Notes from the UK web site:

Release Notes for Acronis True Image 2009 Home Upgrade Build 9796

Acronis True Image Home 2009 is now Certified for Windows Vista.

Acronis True Image Home 2009 enables you to back up and restore critical data, manage disks and partitions, recover from malware or simply from effects of undesirable software.

The Acronis Startup Recovery Manager lets you start Acronis True Image Home 2009 without loading the operating system, e.g. when Windows won't start up for some reason. Combined with the Acronis Secure Zone, the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager lets you recover your system and/or restore data without bootable media such as CDs or external storage devices.

The Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and Acronis Secure Zone have been updated as follows:

The Acronis Startup Recover Manger is no longer installed in the Acronis Secure Zone. It remains resident on the primary partition. All other executable components of Acronis True Image Home 2009 run on the primary partition under the Windows operating system.

It is therefore not necessary to create the Acronis Secure Zone in order to activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. You can activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager when you run Acronis True Image Home 2009 for the first time by selecting the appropriate checkbox in the One-Click Protection options. You can also activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager later by choosing "Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" in the Tools menu.

You can now access the Acronis Secure Zone using the Windows operating system installed on your primary partition.

When you create the Acronis Secure Zone, an icon will appear under My Computer in the Other section. Double-clicking on the Acronis Secure Zone icon will open the Acronis Secure Zone so that you can view all backup archives stored in it. You can also explore the Acronis Secure Zone contents using Windows explorer. If the Acronis Secure Zone is password-protected, any operation except viewing backup details will require entering the password.

Using Windows Explorer, you can double-click on an archive to open it and show all backups (full, incremental, differential) belonging to the archive. Right-clicking on a specific backup opens a shortcut menu allowing you to choose a desired operation — mount (for image archives), restore, validate, update, remove the backup, and view backup's details. Double-clicking on a backup will start the default operation ("Mount" for image backups and "Restore" for data backups).

NOTE: The Acronis Secure Zone is not hidden from the end user or the computer's primary operating system. Backup data on the Acronis Secure Zone is therefore not impervious to programs and processes performed on the primary partition.

Please refer to Acronis True Image Home 2009 documentation for more information: http://download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImageHome2009_UserGuide_Eng.pdf
    Contents:

* System requirements
    * Fixed issues
    * Known issues and limitations of the version

System requirements

Minimum system requirements

Acronis True Image Home requires the following hardware:

* Pentium processor or higher
    * 128 MB RAM
    * CD-RW/DVD-RW drive for bootable media creation
    * Mouse or other pointing device (recommended).

Supported operating systems

* Windows XP SP 3
    * Windows XP Professional x64 Edition SP2
    * Windows Vista SP 2 (all editions)

Newly supported applications for application settings backup:
    Program name New Supported version
    ICQ 6.5
    Opera 9.63
    Fixed issues

* Fixed resetting of password and encryption options when editing a task prior to its first run
    * Fixed the issue of incorrect log entry when scheduled task for incremental backup to USB HDD (which is recognized as non-removable) fails when this HDD is not present, but the log says "Operation has succeeded."
    * Fixed loss of some default "File level security options" during My Data task creation

Known issues and limitations of the version:

* Acronis True Image Home is unable to search:
    o Archives in ZIP and TIB format on removable media
    o Archives in ZIP format using GDS and WDS
    * Archive to various places (AVP) does not work with FTP Server and the Acronis Secure Zone.
    * Acronis True Image Home doesn't support backing up in compressed zip format to CD/DVD.
    * The progress bar hangs when writing backups to CD\DVD. Please note that this does not prevent successful completion of the backup.
    * Acronis True Image Home does not support GUID Partition Table (GPT) and dynamic disks. Dynamic disks are a type of RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) storage supported by the Microsoft Windows operating system. Hardware-based RAID sets are supported by the software.
    * When upgrading from Acronis True Image 11 Home, tasks are not ported to Acronis True Image Home 2009. Also, it will not be possible to edit tasks created with Acronis True Image 11 home, and previously created scheduled tasks must be recreated following the upgrade.
    * When updating from ATIH 11 with activated Acronis True Image Startup Recovery Manager (ASRM) to Acronis True Image Home 2009, the ASRM operates in trial mode by default. The user will not be able to create backups, only restore backups. In order to create backups from the ASRM, first deactivate the ASRM by going to Tools->Activate Startup Recovery Manager->Deactivate and then re-activate the ASRM by going to Tools->Activate Startup Recovery Manager->Activate

6. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

If I do the same on the UK site the available download is 9770, which is what I already have installed. I have an issue with 9770 and Support gave me a link to 9796 which turns out to be 9791 :rolleyes:

And it didn't solve my issue either!

7. Earthling

Uh Oh! re the above, Gmail has just advised me that my last reply to support timed out after 4 hours. They will keep trying for 5 days.

Snowed under do you think?

8. richbenn

richbenn Registered Member

They are so slow to reply and they can't keep up with a normal work load, now with this revision number mess they won't catch up until Christmas! :D

9. Gandalf

Gandalf Registered Member

On my account page shows latest UK build no: 9796.
    I downloaded and installed build 9788 on 15 June - which was my latest version.
    I have now downloaded and installed latest build (9796) with no probs or hitches - apart from the fact that it is showing build 9791.

So it looks like just a mess-up with the build number - too much beer I say! :argh:

10. jehosophat

I think I see now where you are seeing build 9770 on the UK site.

Under the Products Update page build 9770 is mentioned under "Latest Product Updates".

But on my Registered Updates page build 9796 is offered for download.
    ...............-------------------
    (CORRECTION SHOULD READ REGISTERED PRODUCTS NOT REGISTERED UPDATES)

I downloaded build 9796 once last night and once today and both downloads are the same. But both say version 9791 according to the file properties.

So the Acronis UK web site is not consistent or up to date.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  11. Earthling

That is odd, because there is no Registered Updates link at all when I sign in. There is a Registered Products & Support link which shows 9770 as my registered product and does not mention or offer any other version at all.

12. dclkdm

dclkdm Registered Member

Exactly the same problem I have with my dutch version. I have two registered products. The first, ATI home 11, has it's latest (dutch) version available for download, but with ATI 2009, nothing... no BartPE plugin either.

I have mailed Acronis about this three weeks ago, but .... will have to wait till Christmas I understand :eek: ;)

13. jehosophat

To clarify:
    The link is called "Registered Products & Support".

Click on this and the next web page is headed "Registered Products".

On this page I am offered build 9796.

Acronis dont update all users at once. So it sounds like you are being offered 9770 and I am being offered 9796.

This delay in updating all users has happened before, I expect your page will be updated in due course.

14. jehosophat

15. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

16. pot2pan

pot2pan Registered Member

I think the release picture is in fact a bit more complicated.
    For example I have the UK build, however this is tracked from a local (Australian) mirror, http://www.acronis.com.au, that often fails to mirror.

At this stage even though the "product update page" shows Build # 9796 June 24, 2009 91.1 MB. Once I go to my Registered Products page the version available is Build: #9770 (Release Notes) Size: 89.88 MB

Not that I am in any way anxious to get that new (probably 9791) build. I'll wait until some sanity returns to the TI updates.

17. jehosophat

Thanks DwnNdrty

Sorry the link stopped working.

Here is the picture of the Acronis Screen showing ATI 2009 build 9796 available for download. (But the properties of this file say it is build 9791.)

0796.jpg

18. Earthling

... and just to prove the point, here's mine now ...

Attached Files:

19. jehosophat

Thanks EARTHLING, Yes that proves it.

Acronis Uk have only updated some of their UK users.

Why they updated some users and not others is a mystery.

If you are deperate for build 9796 I will post it to you as you are in the UK. Let me know by PM.

20. Earthling

It's OK, I do already have it. I was sent a link to it on my support ticket. It's just the state of the server records that seems to be further evidence of what a poorly run company it is. Notice though that my 2009 registration says 'United Kingdom'. All my other products, and yours, just say English. So my 2009 reg'n is on a different server.

21. jr39

jr39 Registered Member

I own the U.S. version of TI 2009. I have managed to upgrade from Build 7909 to Build 9796 without any problem. I have made several tests with Vista Home Premium 64-bit and Win 7 32-bit at satisfaction (with and without the bootable disk).
    At last, Acronis has done a good job (for the time being).

22. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Did you check to see if it is build 9796 that you got? The concensus seems to be that it is 9791.

23. jr39

jr39 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.