Build 889 - Experiment In Progress

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Donprovo, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

It appears to me (mostly from memory) that the people with this problem have newer Intel based laptops (possibly the new Centrino Pro chipset). Therein might be the clue.

2. feverfive

feverfive Registered Member

I was wondering if that were a possibility for some users. My Dell i9300 has the P-M 915 chipset, but I haven't personally experienced problems that would be related to that. The only issues I've had (so far) w/ TI8 have been related to the inability of TI8 to "see" my firewire connected external HD when using the boot rescue CD. I have had zero problems so far when in Windows. The again, b/c I've spent so much time on my main issue, I haven't yet taken the time to test other aspects of TI8. Time will tell...

3. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

Hi Been,

It would be nice if it were that simple. Unfortunately, the problem exists on P4 based laptops and desktops which are the ones I cited above.

I also tried to image a new Pentium 960 based Dell 6000 laptop and NONE of the builds would handle the job at USB2 speeds. In every case the new Pentium chipset took almost 2 and a half hours to image a 40GB drive with only 9GB used. Awful performance from any TI8 build, 859, 826 or 796.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.