Build 3567 too slow

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Larry M, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry M

Larry M Registered Member

Well even with my silly errors, it's good to know others have had problems with this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me exactly what command to give at the "/ #" prompt to be able to page thru the sysinfo file. When I do the sysinfo cmd it looks like is a tremendous amount of information that scrolls and taking digital camera shots of each page sounds like a real tedious and time consuming process. :eek:

Larry

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi again Larry,

Use Shift+Page Up and Shift+Page Down to scroll up and down the listing.

Regards

P.S. Daft thing to ask I suppose but could you please copy a file to and from your floppy drive to check that it's working correctly?

3. Larry M

Hmmm I guess I need to go back and try again since that was the first thing I tried and it didn't work, but I was just using the Page up and Page Down keys w/o the Shift+.

AH HA I was one step ahead of you on double checking to see if the floppy actually worked and did a few file transers to it and the deleted them and that all went fine.

Off to try the Shift+Page Up thing.

Thanks again for everyone's attempts to walk me thru this :cool:

Larry

4. Larry M

O.K. I can now look thru the screens of the sysinfo file, but it's 10 screens worth x 2 builds is a lot of pictures that I sort of doubt the Acronis Technical Staff wants to look thru nor do I quite frankly want to try and reproduce that information that way just to have someone look at only a dozen or so lines.

Larry

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Larry M,

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when selection screen appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the word "quiet", click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please issue the following command:

sysinfo

Please write down the output information you receive after issuing this command, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to us. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

After that please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It's a rediculously large amount of stuff to photgraph and email. Acronis ought to buld some automation for getting this info. At the very least, a batch file.

7. Larry M

I tend to agree, but did it anyway :rolleyes: . The pictures were over 6.5MB and with a dial up connection it took forever to send the zip file that they wanted which again I had to mess around creating to send the 21 pictures that I took of my screen.

My help request # is 564643 titled "Build 3567 too slow" and their initial automated response and recommendation was to download and install the latest build, which until I can get the 3567 rescue disk to speed up I'm sticking with 2337 since I know that works.

Also, while I didn't request it if they could find out why I couldn't get a sysinfo.txt file copied to my floppy should be added to my request since I had my floppy hooked up when I used the rescue disks and while I can't understand what all that "stuff" meant it looks like the FDD was recoginized. As other poster mentioned there are some folks that can't create and store that sysinfo.txt file.

Larry

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  8. Larry M

Just to respond ... This is a laptop and only has one internal drive, I don't have access to any network drives and never intend to try and reinstall anything from either a CD or DVD. My only viable option is to use my external USB 2.0 drive and it takes almost 4 hrs to mess around getting one single data point and have already basically wasted 2 days gathering the information I have mentioned above.

As discussed in THIS THREAD, I'm not the only person seeing this issue of Build 3567 being extremely slow for some folks. o_O

Larry

9. Menorcaman

Larry, when you say you had your floppy hooked up does that mean you were using an external USB floppy disk drive? If so then that could well explain why you couldn't get the Linux kernel to write the sysinfo.txt file to a floppy :p.

Did you try the alternative of saving to a USB flash drive as suggested by Acronis Support in Post #19 above?

Regards

10. Larry M

Yes the FDD was a USB drive and I don't have a USB flash drive since I have no need for that sort of portability o_O I guess I missed the fact that you can't use a USB FDD to save the sysinfo.txt file to.

It seems that since this is a laptop, most now days don't have integrated FDD in them.

Larry

11. Menorcaman

Well that's solved that particular mystery for me!! :D. Here's hoping Acronis manage to sort out your lengthy restore times.

Regards

12. Larry M

Well, it's obvious that you evidently can't use a USB based FDD, but if you look at Alexey's post #19 above it says ....

And maybe it should have said ...

At least to me I did have a FDD albiet it a USB device and along with the fact that you can use a USB based flash drive and I was directed to make sure that I kept my external USB hard drive connected sure implies to me that you should be able to use a USB FDD. :rolleyes:

Larry

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  13. Lornek

Lornek Registered Member

Screen Shots

Info for all:
    There is a free program on the web called PrintKey 2000 thats easy to use
    and works great. Beats using a digital camera.
    Lornek

14. Larry M

Re: Screen Shots

I'm probably speaking out of turn, but my understanding is what is being done here is under some sort of Linux kernel and from what is on the rescue disk files so unless that is included I don't see how something like that would work. o_O

Of course Jack S. knows more about most of this than me :eek:

Larry

15. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Re: Screen Shots

Thanks for the tip, nice little programme:thumb:

John.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.