Build 2323 Update

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by augustine, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. augustine

augustine Guest

I have installed an update for Build 2323 True Image 9.0 over an older build 2289.
    But when I go to Help & About, the build still shows 2289.
    How do I know that the 2323 Update is successfully applied?

Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

This is a known problem with this build - it has been mentioned a number of times on the forum.

The answer is to uninstall the current installation completely - then re-install (you will need your licence #). TI9 should now report it is 2323.

Colin

3. mread

mread Registered Member

I've been having the same problem. I installed v 9 build 2259 and then attempted to update to 2323, but the program still lists the build as 2259. I don't understand the person's answer to your query mentioning a boot disk.
    I've been trying for 3 weeks to get someone in Acronis to answer this but have gotten no response at all. Is this program really worth all of this?
    Won't someone take pity on an old man and give me an answer I can understand?
    HELP>

4. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

As bodgy says, you will have to completely uninstall the currently installed True Image and then reinstall 2323.:cool:

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Well you've confused me, if I'm the other person, I didn't mention a boot disk.

1. Click Windows Start Button on desktop.

2. From the start menu choose control panel

3. When control panel opens, chooses 'add/remove programs'

4. From list presented highlight Acronis True Image (the list will be in alphabetical order.)

5. Click on remove

TI will then be uninstalled.

Close all open windows, for good measure reboot windows.

After Windows has started run TI9 v2323 install and all will be well and happy again. :D

Colin

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello mread,

And after you have successfully updated to Build 2323 don't forget to create a new bootable rescue CD ;)

Regards

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

And of course this is all moot as the latest version has just appeared v2337

Colin

8. pepegot1

pepegot1 Registered Member

Why can't these people get it right! This is not progress, but a pain in the a--.
    When they release a version that over installs, then I am interested. Until then, sayonara baby!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.