Build 205

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Acadia, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

There is one reseller more i have good experience with, http://www.softwarepursuits.com/ they are quick to reply on any questions i have,supplying the patches i needed to get BootBack[FDISR] back in working order.And yes they are still selling it.

2. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

I too have an uneasy feeling about these changes as I posted previously.
    It's just speculation as to what commercial/development relationship Leapfrog and HDS have until we get some hard info. :doubt:
    Yes
    Live in hope.
    and yes again. :(

For me never had an issue with solid gold tool = FDISR and Raxco support.
    Was there some problem somewhere we were not aware of ?
    Have our friends at Leapfrog been put under some commercial pressure we aren't aware of, ie: M$ or Symantec buying up competitor with better tools and then redeploying as different, or modified to "fit", and not compete tool ? :'(

WE are all obviously somewhat in the dark and confused: "mushrooms" at this point. :mad:

Without meaning to whine; I do feel a bit resentful as we as end users have offered almost unqualified support and a lot of free advice and guidance as to how to deploy and expand the FDISR capabilities here at the "Official Support Forum" and I do believe we are due some respect and consideration.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The leapfrog website shows more stuff comiing.

4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I was going to ask how you knew that was a Leapfrog product, but I've now seen it mentioned over on their site.

5. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

You got that right! I think Leapfrog made a big mistake teaming with this company.

6. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

But, silver0066, Leapfrog agreed to the new build with HDS. So again, answers from Leapfrog, please. ;)

7. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

So is it confirmed that if you upgrade to build .205 and you install the full install of this then you lose the freeze function? However if you just do the update patch you keep the freeze function?

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That is my experience after installing the update patch of build 205, NOT the full version of build 205.
    I have version 3.21.205 and I still have all my freeze functions and yes, I checked Help/About of FDISR to verify my version.

9. Longboard

Yes here too
    Had FDISR (from Raxco) installed and ran the update patch from Raxco: have Fully Functional app running

Attached Files:

10. ErikAlbert

Member "Chris" had no freeze function anymore, but most probably, he got the full installation file of build 205 and that's why he had no freeze function anymore.
    This means also I can't really upgrade anymore, because if I do and they give me a full installation file, I will get an upgraded version without the freeze function.
    So I'm stucked forever with what I now have and I don't like this at all. Sooner or later I will need an upgrade for another reason and then I will lose the freeze function forever.

11. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

Well I might just keep things the way it is. I see no real reason to upgrade to vista and might as well just skip it and wait till windows 7 as it sounds so much better and unbloated. I could easily keep using xp for 5 years the way things are now even with no more support after 2008 with xp. Big deal. Won't need the protection of any updates from MS anymore with the security, sandboxing, and virtual apps and FDISR that I have now. Archived to the hilt.

12. ErikAlbert

I have an arrear of 80-90 patches in my WinXPproSP2, but I always reboot in the same snapshot, where every change is removed and the same would happen with 80-90 patches, only the volume would be bigger.
    I don't see any benefit in executing Windows Update and I only would have a bigger on-line snapshot with a longer reboot-time.

13. Longboard

.LOL
    You are a special case :D

14. mrfargoreed

mrfargoreed Registered Member

ErikAlbert, I see you have used the Raxco patch to update your version. Do you have this installed on Vista, too? The way I understand it is that you need a full version for Vista, so fur users using the Raxco update patch and Vista, how would it be installed on the Vista snapshot seeing as the original version of FDISR from Raxco wasn't Vista compatible?

15. Peter2150

If you email Raxco, they might provide you a link to the full version of 205.

16. mrfargoreed

mrfargoreed Registered Member

Unfortunately, Peter2150, I've been using the trial version of Leapfrog's version (3.20.202) and by the time I got round to buying it HDS took over, so now I've had to purchase the latest version from HDS. I'm just wondering if my serial from the HDS version is compatible with the Leapfrog version. I don't think Raxco would help me out here would they?

17. Peter2150

Fraid not. Unless you have purchased from them along with a maintenance contract they are pretty much out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.