Bug with USB HDD plugged in.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Blackspear, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I created an image while having a Fujitsu Dynadisq External USB Hard Drive plugged in. No problem creating the image. Tried to restore an image from the 2nd partition a few minutes later, instead of the usual 10 minutes to restore, I was presented with 1hr and 1min, at 29min it popped up with image is corrupt and failed to restore. So I tried an image from a few days ago, at 36min the machine locked solid.

Realising there have been problems with USB drives and restoring images from them, it occurred to me that this might be the issue, even though I wasn’t trying to restore images from this portable drive. As the C drive was now unallocated space, I booted from the restore disk and then restored the image again, this time the 1st image worked.

Hope this helps someone…

Cheers :D

Last edited: May 26, 2005
  2. Blackspear

Any word on when/if this will be resolved?

A simple solution is to not have a USB Hard Drive connected when making an image, though this shouldn't have to be the way...

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Blackspear,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The problem is unlikely to be connected with the fact that you had USB drive plugged in during the image creation. Could you please describe how you restored the image first time when the computer hang? What build of Acronis True Image you used to restore the image in both cases (when it worked and when it didn't)?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Blackspear

Hi Ilya, images that were not created while having the USB drive plugged in were successful in restoration, both images created while the USB drive was connected failed while restoring with build 859.

5. Acronis Support

Hello Blackspear,

Did you try to create or restore image with USB drive plugged? Did you restore the image under Windows or after booting with Acronis Bootable CD?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Blackspear

Drive plugged in (though image was on the main drive in the 2nd partition). Images were restored through Windows.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Blackspear,

Did I get it right that both times you created and restored the image under Windows and if the drive was plugged in during the image creation you couldn't restore the image. If the drive was not plugged in during the creation you were able to restore the image. Am I correct?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Blackspear

After 2 failures to restore with the USB drive plugged in, using 2 images made with the drive plugged in, I then went back to another image where the USB drive was not plugged in when the image was made, this image did restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.