[BUG] Network drives, Network shares and mapped drives

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by andy2008, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy2008

andy2008 Registered Member

Hi

Whilst testing 3.0.551 NOD32 AV i noticed the following error occuring in the event viewer. It happens whenever i access a mapped drive or network share. Ive noticed also this error occurring when i try and right click on some files in a network share or mapped network drive. When right clicking the right click doesnt appear, and explorer freezes. I have been able to duplicate this on both my laptop and desktop computer. Hope it can be fixed :thumb:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  2. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

same problem here except im using ESS 3.0.551
    with ess installed if i click "my network places" i get "workgroup is not accessible "
    however any mapped drives and shortcuts to network folders still work fine

i can temporarily fix it by switching firewall mode to automatic & then rebooting, but then after an hour or so even in automatic mode the error re-appears

also to add to your post, i get the same error in event viewer, and in ESS log
    "03/11/2007 14:12:28 Incorrect IP packet checksum 0 "

that above entry appears exactly every 2mins & 8 seconds. and eset were sure that was a bug of my PC not their software

i had reported this in beta1, beta2 & rc1 and was assured by email from eset that it was "reproduced & fixed in the next version"
    but obviously it isnt fixed, as in 3.0.551 i still get the same problem

3. andy2008

andy2008 Registered Member

well this was in nod32 AV 3.0.551 :D nothing particularly special about mysetup. Basically 3 desktop pc's and 2 laptops which access files on a windows server 2003 file server. I wasnt expecting to see a problem with network shares though. :ouch:

4. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I have the exact same problem using nod32 3.0.551 as described here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=189911

Tried on two different computers with the same result. I do not have any problems accessing shares though so the only issue is that i see a lot of errors in the event log and connecting to shares and mapping drives work just fine.

I think the post from kC about the "workgroup is not accessible" problem is another issue with ESS (firewall) only and not a problem using NOD32. Every post i read about this issue is users using ESS and not NOD32.

5. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

Reproducible here. :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.