Bug fixed?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Get, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get

Get Guest

Since the question seems to be overlooked in the "grand" topic here it is again:
    Is this issue fixed in the Beta?

2. Get

Get Guest

Anyone..?:doubt:

3. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Can't confirm.
    Sorry

4. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Well I'm really quite suprised. I thought this issue would have been resolved in this version ... and now nobody from Eset has an answer? o_O

5. SSK

SSK Registered Member

You expect a reply about something like this in an limited supported (first) beta-version?

6. Get

Get Guest

The bug would be fixed in 3.0 (which is VERY late), so it's a legitimate question which can be answered with a simple "Yes" or "No", so yes I expect an answer :).

7. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

Interesting. I use CCleaner between security app changes so I was wondering if I might have inadvertently deleted this registry entry. Nod32 has never found anything on my machine so I've never used the quarantine function.

I did a search thru the CCleaner backup files on "nod" and "eset" and found nothing. But I thought I would check directly in the registry. Could someone provide the name and location of the key?

Thanks,
    Oldshep

8. Get

Get Guest

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Common]
    "QuarantineDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\Eset\\infected"

:)

9. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

Get,
    Thanks for the info. This registry entry is still in place on my machine after 5 or so registry clean ups. So I guess we can say that at least CCleaner doesn't delete it on a registry integrity scan. I created the folder "infected" anyway so as to prevent future problems.

Thanks again,
    Oldshep

10. Get

Get Guest

You're welcome :).

11. SSK

SSK Registered Member

It seems you and I have very different opinions about beta software and release dates... :D

BTW: why don't you install the beta and report here if it is fixed or not... o_O

12. Get

Get Guest

With 3.0 being a totally new version it's not so strange to think this bug isn't present in the first beta. I don't test the beta, but want to know. That's why I ask. Life can be so simple at times :).

13. Get

Get Guest

Being p***ed off and leaning towards uninstalling and giving my 1 3/4 year licence as a present to someone, because not getting a simple 2- or 3-letter answer tested it myself and yes the bug isn't present anymore. Hooray.:cautious:

14. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESS beta does not currently store the quarantine folder location in the registry so there's no chance a registry cleaner would accidentally delete that key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.