BuffeZone Pro 4.00 is available!

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Trustware, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I tried BufferZone Pro a few weeks ago, can't remember why I removed it, but there was a reason.:doubt:

BTW, where does it say they released a NEW version? Link?

2. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

3. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

In YOUR experience, how does BZ compare with Shadow Defender?

BTW, I have heard that many malware steal or get hold of signatures, so next to "POLICY", you think it's best to choose "NOTIFY ALL" or even "MAXIMUM PROTECTION"?

And I remember why I removed BZ it's because Quickflix won't work when running inside BZ. It's probably MS Silverlight that is blocked by BZ and you think they would have fixed it by now.

AND ANOTHER issue I had in BZ is it DESTROYS ability to right click on files and send shortcut to desktop and other places. Try it yourself after installing BZ and then right click on a .exe file and then scroll to "SEND TO" and then try to choose "Create Shortcut for Desktop" but notice that ability is GONE and you can now only choose SEND TO "FAX RECIPIENT" or to your CD drive.:thumbd, all the OTHER options have been REMOVED by BZ.

Does anyone know WHY BZ is doing that and is it supposed to do this? Because if you UNLOAD BZ, then the menu appears correctly again.

This is the way it's supposed to look like and the way it does look BEFORE installing BZ and the way it looks when BZ is UNLOADED.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2yowvg0.jpg

Anyone else picked up on this? What I missing to understand here?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  4. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Been using and testing BZPRO all day, really liking it.:thumb:

I cannot see any evidence of anything getting out of the Bufferzone when browsing or installing new programs.

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1995042&highlight=bufferzone#post1995042
    Post 14 ....never did have an answer.Theother problems i had seeme to be resolved in this build although sticky password icon still overrides bufferzone (not a deal breaker though) ,but not sure thats a bug with SP OR BZ or interaction problem with both.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.