BufferZone v.4x...already not for home user (??)

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ichito, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Trustware has changed their policy on home users and by the way of rebuilding oficial page "robbed" home users from possibility of using its application. I didn't find on new page any link or button to download BZ, we can only request for trial or demo "For Business Use Only" :doubt:
    So...goodbye BZ? :blink:

-http://www.trustware.com/-

2. ZERO ACCESS

ZERO ACCESS Registered Member

Visit http://www.trustware.com/#!bufferzone-pro/cffd

3. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Thanks :)...maybe do you know is it the previous version or the latest - 4.10?

4. ZERO ACCESS

ZERO ACCESS Registered Member

I am not using it ,so not confirm on that but softpedia and cnet both showing the old version.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

No mention of windows 8 even for v 4.1. I think it,s already dead.

6. VXB

VXB Registered Member

I have been a long time BufferZone user. I thought the product was interesting.

Although 2012-2013 were not good years for the product. I had numerous problems with their 4.x releases.

Their support forum was a real joke mainly full with spam. It has been shut down for while.

Out of curiosity I went back to the main site and noticed they have a Feb release 4.07-128. It doesn't appear to be time bombed for home use.

I thought I would give it a shot on my old XP rat lab. So far so good. They seams to have addressed whatever it was making it unstable for 2 years.

I'm going to test on Win7 64bit and see how it behaves. The help file is still from an older version and says Win8 still in development.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  7. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

i dropped BZ completely this year after not using it for a while. not 64bit compatible and their webseit is worse coded - no content with normal script filters. usage is poor and slow and in half of cases it failed so badly. at least i got annoyed with those invisible stream files spread all over my drive where BZ had access. well - shadow defender and sandboxie are finest, and/or a virtual machine. HTH

8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

OK, so it´s not dead yet? It seems to me that they are mainly focused on the enterprise. I wonder if they are making any money. :)

Yes, I never really liked it, way too heavy, especially compared to Sandboxie. Their website is indeed a joke, it doesn´t even work in older browsers. :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.