Bufferzone Support Forum

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by RCGuy, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

2. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Wow! Are people that disinterested in BufferZone? o_O

I looked up several threads about this product and it doesn't sound like too many people speak favorably about this product:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=259878&highlight=Bufferzone

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=260069&highlight=Bufferzone

With the exception of this more recent thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=271851&highlight=Bufferzone

Therefore, are people really that unfamiliar with this product and/or is this product really that substandard that people aren't really interested in talking about it? o_O

3. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

Apparently there are other similar products that are chosen. I tested BufferZone, but I don't remember why I didn't like it.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

There are better products there. SBIE, GW, DW.

BTW BZ is hybrid of SBIE and GW. There was a very similar product that was so nice. Alas it died. SafeSpace....:'(

5. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Well, apparently so. After having used BufferZone for a while, I scanned my pc with SAS and it found a boatload of spyware tracking cookies.

But I think it's time for me to uninstall BufferZone. And from the looks of their forum, it seems like they are barely holding on with just a wing and a prayer. :(

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Cookies are harmless. Also it might not be the fault of BZ.

7. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

The new freebie does start browser a bit faster, it is really simple to use out of the box. On pure security strength DW and SBIE are better, BZ for IE is a free and provided sufficient protection when you have UAC enabled to back it up.

8. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I used to use Bufferzone, Bufferzone kept on eating my bookmarks.adr file. I had to backup bookmarks.adr file so I could restore my bookmarks after I used Bufferzone for a few minutes, sometimes more often. Now I use Sandboxie with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.