Bufferzone Pro v3

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by osip, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osip

osip Registered Member

Bufferzone Pro v3 was released June 12,
    http://www.trustware.com/virtualization/free.html
    I´m running the trial v3.00-39 for testing. Runs remarkable well with FF and Opera...and the most important: issues with Admuncher and AIroboform obviously at last fixed...Well,well...not bad, no slow downs noticed so far...

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

The GUI is same? Any screenshots?

Thanks

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Just installed it. Seems they have ironed out their biggest problem that was slow launching of applications that seems much better now.

A new feature is snapshot creation n restore. Not sure what is this infact.

BTW there seems a problem with Opera. A new bar is added from somewhere making a little mess with Opera GUI. One more issue that i lost horizontal scroll bar of Opera. I wonder if they test most common browsers themselves or not before a release.

06-23_0029.jpg
    06-23_0031.jpg

4. osip

osip Registered Member

Indeed you´re right about the extra bar in Opera and horizontal scroll bar...I hav´nt tried the snapshot function yet...Acc. to the help file:

5. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

This seems very interesting! Has anyone tried this and Sandboxie?

How does it compare? In terms of features, interface, memory, protection, etc?

Thanks

6. sbargay

sbargay Registered Member

Hi,

The behavior described above using the Opera browser inside BufferZone was identified by us in the past -- we will do our best to provide a solution in a future version.

As a temporary workaround, if the graphic issues are too disturbing, you can disable the red border display (BufferZone Console->Configuration->Display->Draw a red border). It will prevent this unwanted behavior.

In regards to the question about common browsers testing, we are testing common browsers before each BufferZone release.

Regards,
    Saar Bargay
    Trustware

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

The new snapshot feature seems interesting, perhaps something that SBIE could implement in the future. But I must say that I never liked this app, I´ve tested it in the past, and it slows down the system considerabely. Might of course also be because of some conflict with other security tools, but that´s the whole point, if you get what I'm saying. :rolleyes:

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I guess not a complete snapshot of your system like ISR, but only the essential objects. I also see Firewall, is that a real inbound/outbound firewall ?
    Interesting feature.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I'm trialing it too. It works properly, but opening programs is rather slow.
    EDIT:
    Although I liked BZP, I had to ditch it. I'm not a speed-freak, but opening Firefox takes 9 seconds and that's too long to be practical for daily usage. Back to the faster competition.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  10. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Installed it last night.
    Removed it this afternoon.
    Too much slowdown.
    Damn shame too. I like it.
    Hugger

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i have the version too and i noticed that if i run it alone it is really fast and also see that if i have other apps it will cause the slow down alitle.

12. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

This is a real setback for other apps too. For example i tried this one and experienced the same problems, i tried GesWall and i always keep open several IE windows and my system came to a slow crawl and halt, and so that was the end of that. I'm sticking with SandboxIE.

For some strange reason more and more of long absent apps that have suddenly surfaced again is showing disappointing returns mainly due to slow as molasses performance. I think that they think everyone should be running a Chevy 454 whereas the majority of users machines are still running 327 small blocks.

13. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Or maybe even an Evinrude.;)

14. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

An Evinrude at trolling speed. I use Kmeleon browser. Outside BZ, which I decided to trial again, Kmeleon opens in about one second. In Bufferzone, the browser takes 11 seconds to open.

Internet Explorer takes 7 seconds.

I'm not concerned about a few seconds, but 11 seconds is quite a delay. I tried it a couple of more times, figuring the first time it was optimizing, so that might account for the slowdown. It was about the same slow opening each time. Once opened, it ran normally - meaning fast.

I've always liked BZ, and felt safe while using it, but v.3 is slower than the older versions. I don't think I'll be keeping it aboard much longer.

15. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I agree, and although i don't hold my breath they'll ever realize it, they would do well to take a lesson from the past apps that were lighter and tapped lesser resources then todays fat hogs that burden down performance. Thats just not quality programming IMO, but i can lay you odds they are compiling with very high end & new systems with mega RAM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.