Bufferzone pro free

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by the_sly_dog, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

W7 have installed many new updates since then, and that all comes into play how programs behave. Maybe you should try BZ again.

It is really impressive on my W7, very happy.:thumb:

2. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I do have a question about BZ though. When I run Firefox in the BZ I cannot drag my bookmarks around. And when I load firefox outside of the BZ, I can and do move them around. But when I load firefox in the BZ the bookmarks are not updated and display differently to when I run firefox outside of the BZ.

Why is that? Are there 2 different firefox running on my system, one outside and one inside the BZ, and how come they have different bookmark display?

And how then can I move bookmarks around in firefox and have the updates displayed in firefox when I run it inside the BZ?

3. moontan

moontan Registered Member

there is no security without inconveniences.

for example, i find it is impossible to drag and drop text in and out of browsers when using things like Sandboxie, SRP, etc...

which is why i don't use any of these things.
    of course, YMMV...

4. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Well I did learn there is an easy workaround, right click on browser icon, select "Open Outside of BufferZone", then drag, drop, move bookmarks etc, then close browser. Then Empty BufferZone, and then load your browser normally INSIDE Bufferzone and all your bookmarks etc are updated.

Like you said, there is no security without inconveniences, and this is not a major one, only takes a minute :thumb: :)

5. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

About 2 months ago. The latest version - Bufferzone 4.01.

6. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Well like most software, BufferZone runs fine on many people's computers and some not so good. Same thing with Sandboxie and other software.

7. guest

guest Guest

why not just image your drive and not have to worry anymore

8. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I use Paragon COMPACT Edition for that :thumb:

But restoring images can be time consuming and only used as a last resort.

BufferZone PRO helps me to avoid having to restore images so often :argh: :thumb:

9. moontan

restoring an image should not take more than 3 minutes. (on a 5 years old machine)

>> IF << you keep your data on another drive and don't install a lot of big apps. :)

10. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

A Psychiatrist will take much longer.

11. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

You are dreaming if you think it takes 3 minutes to restore an average system, even on a basic Windows with little programs installed.

So I am going to ask you to do something for me. Install Windows 7 and just have some basic programs installed, then do a backup image and restore and time it. Record yourself and the whole process and upload to youtube so we can all see.

12. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I found something with BZPRO. When you install BZPRO, then after installation and reboot, then right clicking on program icons, the send shortcut to desktop is missing and has disappeared.

13. moontan

i create image and restore at least twice a week.
    my image takes anytime between 2 minutes and 54 seconds to restore and 3 minutes and almost 20 seconds.

unfortunately, this is going off-topic so better go back to BZ.
    you can always create a thread in the imaging forum if you are interested in discussing this further...

14. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

Just to add my two cents, the creation & restoration of my system images are around the same times as you moon although on a newer laptop.

15. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Moon and 1chaoticadult, just so we don't go off topic, can you please open a new thread and describe exactly what imaging programs you are using and how big your W7 C: is and what programs you have installed onto W7 and how you are restoring and what exactly you are restoring. Actually, preferably create a video and upload to youtube and show your exact steps from imaging to restoring, because my barebone W7 takes at least 20 minutes to restore, so how on Earth can you both restore W7 in 2-3 minutes?

So please... open a new thread and prove it and show me please.

Cheers.:thumb:

16. moontan

`
    you want to know, you start the thread.
    i'll be glad to answer.

17. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.