Bufferzone for Vista

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by IceCube1010, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with this product. Also, is there a free version for XP and Vista?

thanks
    Al

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i have very bad experience with this software
    1)slows browser
    2)not compatible with other softwares
    3)support is very slow

3. IceCube1010

thanks for the reply. I do notice a slow startup with IE 7 but I could live with that. Surfing the net seems fine after the initial startup. I am running it along side CFP v3 with D+ and Avast Home 4.8 and they all seem to be working just fine. I can't comment on asking questions on their forums but it does seem abit slow looking at the posted dates etc.

I wonder if anyone has tried this software against some keyloggers, malware etc. I am no expert by any means, so I would not be the perfect choice in testing this software.

Does it work with Vista and do they have a freeware version without the extra stuff like the firewall etc....

thanks for any more input
    Al

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Here's a recent Review: Trustware BufferZone 3.01 and there's no free version, just a 30 day trial.
    I believe most PC users around here prefer Sandboxie version 3.28 .

5. IceCube1010

thank you for the link. It's a shame there is no freeware version like sandboxie. I kinda like the way the program is layed out, its easy to understand.

Al

6. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

The firewall is not a real 1, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=184402&highlight=bufferzone, support tickets get quickly processed also in the weekends, also tech support alert/gizo n av comparitives have done earlier test on this n found it 2 be strong as well. It doesnt slow down my system or has every given me any major troubles however i do not like the time they take to release a stable update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.