BT sues Google over Android 'patent infringements'

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Daveski17, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

It seems that BT, my ISP, is suing the great satan Google for patent infringements.

BT can confirm that it has commenced legal proceedings against Google by filing a claim with the US District Court of Delaware for patent infringement," a company statement said.

"This is about protecting BT's investment in its intellectual property rights and innovation. It is a well-considered claim and we believe there is a strong case of infringement."

Google said it planned to fight the lawsuit.

"With what eyes could we
    Stand in his presence humble & receive
    Strict laws imposed, to celebrate his throne
    With warbled hymns & to his Godhead sing
    Forced Halleluias ... "

~ Mammon, Paradise Lost, Book II, 239-242, John Milton.

What price the BT Tower in Birmingham being zapped by a Borg cube now? LOL

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Shouldn't the governments/military haul everyone into courts, seeing as how they created the majority of this stuff before anyone even knew who the hell Google and others were? The patent/copyright system is a joke. It's long, long outdated, and never was particularly sound to begin with. It's far too easy to just waltz in and patent any little thing you want to (recently a celebrity sued because someone used his "patented catchphrase"), and it's far, far too easy to sue nowadays. The whole system needs to be overhauled.

3. Daveski17

For some reason that reminds me of George Harrison's legal controversy. Something that wouldn't happen today I reckon.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol, at least that lawsuit made some sort of sense. These tech lawsuits are just money grabs and they'll eventually kill innovation and progress. I'm telling you, Dave, between stuff like this and insane ideas like SOPA, there may not even be an internet as we know it in a few more years.

5. Daveski17

Yeah, that Mammon's got a lot to answer for.

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

That's one way of looking at it, however, there's no correct way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.