BSODs: How do you go about curing them?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AaLF, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Had a few blue screens lately. I was experimenting with old Firewalls on my XP such as the likes of Kerio & Sygate & Tiny etc. Most sooner of later gave me a blue screen. At least I think it was the FW. When I un-installed all was fine again.

But there's been other times when you're scratching your head as to why you're staring at a BSOD. Or even one of those start-up pop ups that say such & such had to close etc.

Them & the BSODs come with secret coding to explain to geeks the secrets of artificial life. how does one go about finding out what those coded messages with lots of zeros and numbers mean as to why the PC crashed?

2. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

3. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Thank you. :thumb: i'm actually looking forward to a new BSOD now. Sad huh?

4. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

I've not yet used this program, but according to their website, you can view all details about conflictives programs or drivers on your computer.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Depends on what it is. Getting the stop code and googling is the first step to resolving BSODs. In almost all cases they are caused by drivers or bad hardware. For example 0x00000124 is gonna be hardware, most likely bad RAM. You can get the code by reading really fast, setting your machine to not reboot on a BSOD, or pulling out of the memory.dmp file with a utility like the one mentioned above or using Debugging Tools for Windows.

6. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.