BSOD

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by cLmzL, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cLmzL

cLmzL Guest

I had a problem with look n stop 2.04 and trying to access the internet with IE when i clicked on the popup message to authorize IE access the computer crashed with this error

*** STOP : 0x0000001E (0x80000003, 0x8045C5DD, 0x0000002 , 0xED41F6A4) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    ***Address 8045C5DD base at 80400000, DateStamp 3d366b86 - ntoskrnl.exe

I try'd adding a rule for IE from the application window of look n stop but my computer still crashed when i opened IE

Any ideas what might be the problem ,i'm dialup user and my OS is win2k sp3

cLmzL

2. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

I would first check my system files as you might have a ntoskrnl.exe corrupt file.

3. cLmzL

cLmzL Guest

hi MickeyTheMan
    Thanks for the advice I appreciate it

the reason i suspect Look n Stop to be the problem is because like most folk here i've tested more than one personal firewall and this is the first time i have encountered this error when allowing applications access to the net

It's no skin of my nose tho i can use a different firewall :) I just hope that this info was helpful

cu
    cLmzL

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi cLmzL,

Could you send me (looknstop@soft4ever.com) the MiniDump files that were created when these BSOD occured. They should still be present in c:\windows\minidump.

Thanks,

Frederic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.