BSOD with Eset v4 / v4.2

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Harros, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harros

Harros Registered Member

Hi,

I tried installing EAV v4 or v4.2 (in WinXP, I dont face any issue in Win7), and I am seeing BSOD during system boot when I restarted my system (after I finished install EAV and update the new definition).

The system boot back to normal after I remove EAV in safe mode.

Attached are the minidump files for you debug purpose. I renamed the file extension as .txt . I cant upload the file with .dmp extension here :(. Please help to remove the .txt extension to recover the. dmp extension of the file.

Please help to debug!

Thanks,
    Harros

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Since the minidumps don't have any reference to ESET in the stack, could you please configure the system to create a kernel (or better complete) memory dumps per the instructions here and let me know when done? Could you confirm or deny that disabling self-defense and (or) anti-stealth followed by a computer restart makes the problem go away?

3. Harros

Harros Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

The workaround works like a charm, no more BSOD now :)

BTW, may I know for how long we should stick to this workaround before a new version of EAV (which include the fix for this issue) is released?

P/S: Do you still need the kernel dump for debug purpose?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Without dumps we cannot do anything to fix the issue. I rather suspect that you have another driver loaded which causes BSOD in conjunction with the latest version of the self-defense module and updating it might fix the issue. The dump should reveal the problematic driver.

5. Harros

Harros Registered Member

6. Harros

Harros Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

Did you get a chance to take a look at the dump file?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.