BSOD when opening network shared folder

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JohnyR21, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnyR21

JohnyR21 Registered Member

Hey guys, I'm running Smart Security 6.0.308.0 and I'm having some major trouble. Here's my problem:

In "My Music" Library on Windows 7, I have a network storage location set as one of the folders (if anyone is interested: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/4617-libraries-include-network-folder.html). Before version 6 came out, everything was fine and dandy. After upgrading to v6, my computer BSODs as soon as I open the My Music library. If I disable the firewall along with the antivirus, the BSOD does not happen, and I can browse the library normally.

What is the problem here? I really need this to work, I love smart security but if this BSOD problem is going to persist, I'll have to find something else.

Thanks!

Edit: I went out and bought a brand new HDD because I thought my sectors were corrupt. Ended up being just ESET :(

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please configure Windows to generate kernel memory dumps and reproduce the crash. Next compress the dump, upload it to a safe location and PM me the download link.

3. JohnyR21

JohnyR21 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.