BSOD in Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by stevenkinch, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevenkinch

stevenkinch Registered Member

Yesterday my computer spontaneously restarted after months of no problem running at all. I have a home made box with Vista Ultimate and I use Nod32 for anti virus.

Today, after working on a large document for several hours I got a Blue Screen of Death and memory dump. The computer restarted and made it to the login screen. After logging in, I got the BSOD again. I could start in safe mode and with networking enabled, Windows decided that there was an unspecified problem with antivirus software. I disabled Nod32 from the start up but on restarting still had the same problem.

I then tried a system restore and saw that the last restore point was yesterday when Windows installed an update....that made me suspicious:doubt: If I roll back to then, the update will reinstall and I will be in the same position again.

Has anyone else had this problem in the last 24 hours? I am presently restoring from an Acronis image to see if that solves the problem but of course if there is a conflict between the latest windows update and Nod32 I will crash and burn unless I ditch Nod32. My laptop runs AVG free (because I am a cheapskate) and has no issues.

All help gratefully accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.