BSOD and procguard.sys

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by kwesi, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

I had a Blue Screen last night, while I was in the middle of trying to download a program (PrevX Home).

The error message suggested that there was a paged fault in a nonpaged area, & identified procguard.sys as the file in question.

Event Viewer shows that around that time, my McAfee AV shut down unexpectedly, and that there were failures in ADvapi aqnd in the MS Authentication Package.

I will check the size of my pagefile later, and perhaps boost it, after googling a few write-ups on the issue.

However, is it possible that procguard.sys is corrupted, so that I should re-load it, or re-download PG again?

Thanks.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Kwesi, I may have been a conflict with MCafee, you need to be careful what MCafee processes etc. you have protected in Process Guard.
    I do not use McAfee but check through previous threads or await another users reply.
    DCS may also be able to throw some light on the problem.

Pilli

3. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

Thanks, Pilli. I forgot to say as well that I was wondering whether some program downloads necessitate the disabling of Process Guard.

Hopefully, someone will know :)

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Kwesi, Downloading a progrm file or .zip file should not require you to disable Process Guard unless that download initiates it's own installer or by the user clicking "open" instead of "save".

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.