BSOD after uninstalling early V9 and installing build 2323

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chriscalvert, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chriscalvert

chriscalvert Registered Member

I have just manually uninstalled an earlier version of v9 (build 2250 - per an earlier procedure for manually uninstalling - maybe the early procedure doesn't work with v9 ?) and reinstalled build 2323. Now I get a BSOD when rebooting. I can get around this by rebooting into an earlier copy of XP before the install but this defeats the purpose of trying to run build 2323.
    So I fixed a different problem by updating to 2323 but am no better off.
    Perhaps I should wait for a later build hopefully with an uninstall included.
    I cannot go back to V8 because it doesn't support my new hardware. Nor do earlier versions of V9.

I am fighting against having to reinstall XP but it looks like a loosing battle.
    My personal feeling is that XP reaches a certain point with new program loads etc and then starts to give trouble hence the need for a rebuild. My rebuilds take over 20 hours of work and in this case I have no way of reinstalling any earlier backups because none of them will work with my new hardware (Silicon Image addon Raid controller).

Or is there a fix for the BSOD ?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Are you able to write down what the BSOD error message is? I suspect it might be a mountpoint perhaps that no longer exists.

An XP repair (from the install menu of the CD), should certainly solve the problem if something has gone wacky and at least it is not a full re-install, just a system file - though you will lose your updates.

Colin

3. chriscalvert

chriscalvert Registered Member

I could note the BSOD message but only by manually uninstalling build 2323 and reinstalling it again.
    But I have now become mentally resigned to a rebuild.

I have a couple of other programs that are giving me gyp at the moment and I suspect that if I do a fresh XP install and load them first, including TI V9 2323, that everything will work okay. In fact by breaking the mirror I can test them without loosing everything by rebuilding on the second drive.

I have seen this behaviour before about every year or so. The first time was with an earlier version of Roxio CD burner. I rebuilt over ten times and months of work before trying installing Roxio first after the OS (instead of last when it used to slowly trash my system) - this actually worked fine. However I also discovered that Nero didn't fall over like that so I changed to Nero and have been with it ever since. Perhaps this is suggesting something about TI ?

Something is filling up somewhere in XP and I cannot get a handle on it.

I will also be building another PC solely for testing stuff and use Ghost to rebuild after playing. That way I might be able to keep No. 1 system working for a reasonable period by keeping the rubbish off it.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chriscalvert,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.