BrowserProtect 1.1.3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hogndog, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

The first project these folks had was Tab King in Firefox looks like they are branching out..

Today's internet landscape include a new threat even from presumably legitimate downloads. Configuration changes (or hijacks) have gone into mainstream habits of software publishers. That's where BrowserProtect comes to rescue. It monitors your browser against homepage and search hijacks.

Install BrowserProtect Premium from www.browserprotect.org to get your Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer fully protected against a broader set of hijacks including homepage, search provider, extension, add-on, BHO and other hijacks

Want to help out with translating BrowserProtect to your language? Terrific! Please give it a shot at our BabelZilla page: http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&Itemid=0&type=show&extension=5523 (or contact us directly)

Want to discuss something with us? We're listening at http://www.facebook.com/browserprotect

Hogndog

:argh:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. hogndog

Say guys have any of you tried this application yet? I've been trying some different security configurations and got curios about this one and any hands on experience..

Thanks..
    Hogndog

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Thanks for letting us know about the Silverlight requirement. For that reason alone, I'll pass on it.

Silverlight is a risk in and of itself. If I am not mistaken, there have been security patches released on it several times. Why would a user try to lower one security risk (browsers) by adding another (Silverlight)?? Flash is bad enough but at least it's common. Silverlight is not by a long, long way...

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I haven't tried it ,just browsed their site ,and from what I read about its protection, dont think id be spending any money on it.If i wanted something like this ,i think winpatrol would be a much preferable option,as it seems to do all that browserprotect does and much much more .The price is also cheaper and is a lifetime licence :rolleyes:

5. hogndog

Thanks guys, that's why i threw it out here, I've been to Google looking for some kind of review and so far I've found 3 yours and one other and that reviewer didn't much care fore it.. Then we have Silverlight, seems that application has always been a point of contention. Some of these companies are bundling all of the extras that nobody want's, I'm thinking the demand for free stuff has driven them to do it, nothing is "free" at least not where i come from...

Thanks again..
    Hogndog

6. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.