Browser of Choice Poll

Discussion in 'polls' started by Jimbob1989, Dec 28, 2004.

?

Browser of choice

1. Internet Explorer

34 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Mozilla FireFox

115 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. Opera

48 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. Netscape

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shek

shek Registered Member

Opera----the fastest and lightest browser

2. musicman

musicman Registered Member

I have tried quite a few and my choice is without a doubt firefox. Why? Well for one important factor security.......two.....the extensions and themes you can add to firefox......three......security extensions such as noscripts,,,,and noref...these 2 extensions tighten the brower up. I must admit thou on start up a bit slow.....however this browser is far ahead of IE and I feel its second to none just my humble opinion

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

MSIE6 is still my default browser and use it for Windows Update and visiting safe websites, because FF has indeed sometimes a problem with the presentation of certain websites.
    FF isn't responsible for this, website developers are, due to bad coding.

I use FF always for surfing/searching, because FF is indeed alot safer and alot more comfortable, than MSIE6. If I find an interesting safe website with a bad presentation, I will use MSIE6 to see that website.

I don't long for MSIE7 to get a safer and comfortable browser.
    MS softwares don't impress me anymore. MS isn't creative and is only able to buy other companies' ideas.
    I have to install MSIE7 anyway for the same reasons as MSIE6.

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

When this poll was first started I voted for Firefox. Since then I've switched to Opera so whenever you view the Poll Results, subtract one from FF and add one to Opera. :D

Acadia

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Switched from Firefox to Opera and as of today Maxthon.

Maxthon(IE) shows my webpage correct and loads pages xtime faster.

But I keep trying ;)

Happy weekend to you all*puppy*

Gerard

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Since my original post on page #1 of this thread I have made opera my default browser. That is one more away from FF.

7. www

www Guest

I keep going back to IE I like using it the best. It is a better quality browser than the others.

8. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

9. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Maxthon is more secure than IE because it has an ActiveX Blocker, an excellent Popup Blocker, a Web Ads Blocker, a Web Dialog Blocker, a Floating Ad Blocker, BHOs are disabled by default but can be selectively enabled and a few other features the information for which is available here.

10. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

I switched from firefox to Opera too.

11. Hi
    Yes, but the engine is the same, so flaws in IE are to be found in Max. If in Maxthon these defects are limited by the specific tools you mention, fine, but non-existing flaws are always better than taken-care-of flaws. Security measures or tools can have their own flaws, too.

I like Opera best, and my second choice is Mozilla App Suite 1.7.10. Once configured properly, Moz can work almost as Opera, and I don't like FFox that much anymore, among other things because I'm one of those guys whose FFox can't handle JRE properly. Opera does, and Mozilla does too, so why not FFox?

12. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

This is really interesting as I cannot believe the switch from Firefox to Opera on this forum.
    I always noted how many used Firefox on Wilders and the reviews about how many downloads
    FF was generating. There must be something very attractive in the new Opera to see others leaving FF behind as default browser now.

13. chew

chew Registered Member

Hi all

This is my order of browser of choice:

1) Opera 8.02 (without Java but share one with Firefox)

2) Firefox 1.0.6 (Java plug in but share with Opera if I am correct)

3) IE 6 ... only for Windows Update. IE6 is so far behind.

I have been happily using Firefox since Beta 0.8 until two days ago when I started testing Opera 8.02 (withou Java) and guess what - I like it! Not perfect but I like it. For me Opera is light on resources and rather easy to use if you care to poke around it. The only minor thing that is missing is the middle mouse click that will launch into another tab from bookmark. Middle mouse click on webpage link to launch onto new tab is fine.

Another reason I switched to Opera from Firefox (still using it but no.2 now) is the fact that it has this ads blocking facility that enable me to switch off Iframe and GIF animation without having to add extension like Adblock on my Firefox (but I love adblock on my FF). All this started because one of my frequent visit website started to get more income by putting two big flash and many smaller banners hogging my browser and increasingly sucking up my CPU resources. But the worst thing was that all this hogging resulted in my system (Dell laptop) having to pump more air using the two fans to cool the system down. The sound of the two fans drove me crazy.

Everything is sorted now by using Opera & Firefox (with adblock).

:D

14. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I have to edit :rolleyes:
    After disabling realtime scanners of NOD32 and switched to realtimescanners from Bitdefender my webpages looks like it should be :)

15. bucky

bucky Registered Member

16. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

according to that chart and testing, Opera kicks butt :D ;)

17. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I agree with you Robin. I tried Opera out a few times in the past but could not really figure out what all the hype about it is. It is esp annoying to have the ads on the free version, and I don't wish to spend money on a browser (esp since there are other browsers out there for free that are just as good imho).

So to sum it up, I am not sure why some of the "masses" have switched gears. To each his own however. ;)

18. georgepaul

georgepaul Registered Member

I like Maxthon - been using it for quite awhile, no problems.
    georgepaul

19. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

IE6 64bit edition works very fast too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.