Broadjump Client Foundation

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Kas, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

This is active all the time on my PC. I did have NTL, but Virgin Media are now my servers and Broadband suppliers.
    The program uses CFD.exe and is always operating, even under listening. TCP out shows Source = 81.107.109.87 (my IP) + 4 digit port.
    There were 9 items listed on my last check and all different ports.
    The Destination = 62.253.167.57.443 in all cases.
    Bytes in = 60B
    Bytes out = 391B
    This program and it`s activity is never picked up by my security system as intrusive. It is said to be a diagnostic tool for trouble shooting, installed automatically by NTL when my first Broadband was installed.

What use is this program - I cannot see it is any use at all, it does no harm, but it does not seem to do any good. Can I either disable it or uninstall it ?

Constantly info. going out all the time, looks highly like a spy to me.

Any offers please ?
    ------------
    PLEASE NOTE EVERYBODY ;-

** I have blocked this program with my Comodo Pro Firewall. I have NOT uninstalled it.
    This has stopped all activity by CFD.exe and I have not noticed ANY adverse effects. All systems are working
    normally. Has not made any difference at all, except the data that this parasite was sending to some
    place not known by me, has been stopped.
    Seems a perfect solution for all to follow rather than uninstall and perhaps hit problems.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

According to Audit My PC, it can be uninstalled but I would first set a Restore point before doing so, just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.