Brits, is it true that IT jobs are in demand in England?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Close_Hauled, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Many of you may already know that last year I was making plans to move to the UK and look for work. I canceled my plans when my work here got busy again. Now I just read this article in The Register:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08/02/job_vacancies/

What is the job market there like? Especially for someone with over 20 years of experience.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I am not personally employed in the IT market but I have a number of relatives and friends who are(were).

Apparently the market has picked up but still not what it was about 5-10 years ago.

IMHO, stay in sunny California.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I think to a certain extent it depends on your skills, the more lowly IT work here is being filled by ppl from the new Eastern European EU members.
    A friend of mine that does system migration is inundated ATM which bodes well for many other skills.

Pilli :)

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Thanks Blackcat an Pilli for the information. I want to come out there and work for 5 to 10 years and get to know, understand, and observe European culture. I figure that the UK would be a good place to start since I have no language issues (Except for maybe spelling, accent, and slang.). It is just one of those things in my life that I have to do.

If anyone else has some thoughts on this, please chime in. I am anxious to hear your thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.