British pair denied US visa due to twitter post

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by TairikuOkami, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...ted-America-terror-charges-Twitter-jokes.html

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

You have to remember that this is from the Daily Mail newspaper, which is not taken very seriously even by other English people (me being one of them), & is renown for printing seriously big *porkies.

"Emily said: 'The officials told us we were not allowed in to the country because of Leigh's tweet. They wanted to know what we were going to do.
    'They asked why we wanted to destroy America and we tried to explain it meant to get trashed and party."

We now have a policy in England of shipping lager louts to other countries. The CIA have been most accommodating & will even waterboard some of the worst offenders for us.

'I almost burst out laughing when they asked me if I was going to be Leigh's lookout while he dug up Marilyn Monroe.
    'I couldn't believe it because it was a quote from the comedy Family Guy which is an American show.'

Yes, but it just isn't as funny as South Park.

Leigh and Emily have now been told they must apply for visas from the US Embassy in London before flying to the US again.

Bognor Regis doesn't seem so bad now does it? You could destroy that & no one would probably notice.

*British rhyming slang ~ Pork pies = lies.

3. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Does the story get more credibility if reported by ABC or BBC

If it's true, everyone who has a twitter account and is going to travel to America should tweet "I want to destroy the American government"!!!!!!!!
    I love America, but I hate my government. :mad:
    Anyone interested in holding a protest rally at a Threat Fusion Center, give me a call. :ninja:

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Well, I prefer the Beeb's view, although I don't know whether it's because I contribute to the licence fee or because I once did some work for BBC Community Radio. I'm not familiar enough with ABC to comment on its credibility.

Nobody likes their own government. If you like, we could do a swap.

The last rally I went to was won by a 2 litre Peugeot fastback I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.