Bringing Back an Old e-Mail...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Jan 18, 2017.

1. guest

guest Guest

Okay, this may be an eye roller but just bare (bear?) with me... Is there anyway to recreate or recover an old email address? I'll answer my question first and say that it depends on the service, and or if you want to do so under the available time limit.

But say you're way passed that, can you still do so? I tried doing it with my one yahoo email and it said a yahoo account already exists with this email address. Fair enough, so I went to recover the password (which I naturally don't remember) and it says they don't recognize that email or phone number.

So I can't create \ recreate the address b\c it already exists, but can't recover the PW b\c they don't recognize it. So if I'm not pretty much SOOL, do y'all have any thoughts \ ideas on how to like, deal with this? As always thanks in advance!

2. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hopefully you are aware that Yahoo's email got cracked yet once more in the past few months and it was reported that over 1,000,000 accounts were compromised. It would have been good to have change your password at that time. If you did not hear about it then you would not have known, of course.

It seems the best thing to do would be to attempt to contact Yahoo email support by email from another account and explain it to them. They probably have their hands full but if they did not have an email service as secure as it should have been then whose fault is that? We do not have the support address here but best going!

Best regards

3. guest

guest Guest

@Q Section - Wow, yep, didn't hear about that at all! But just that that's the only potential option doesn't give me hope, as one I'd think they probably get lots of those messages... And two how can you really prove it was your account, I don't even remember the password I was using!

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I recovered a long locked out YM acct. I just kept plugging away. Didn't even try for a year or two at a time. Just kept on guessing answers & passwords & finally got it. Must have been locked out 6yrs.

5. guest

guest Guest

@zapjb Nice dude, yeah I won't even attempt that!

6. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Thanks, it was just in my spare time. Not my life's work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.