BPS Spyware/Adware Remover

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sparky, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparky

sparky Registered Member

Hello: I'm inviting opinions on this software which can be found at http://www.bulletproofsoftware.com I have the full purchased version of spycop installed. I then downloaded the demo version of BPS, and it found a whole bunch of stuff that spycop did not. Furthermore, it also safely removed the spyware for me.
    I'm very impressed with TDS-3, but am looking for a good spyware detection and removal software. Your opinion is appreciated.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=7221;start=0

Says it all as far as I am concerned.

Regards,

Pieter

3. sparky

sparky Registered Member

Holy Cow! Thanks, I had no idea. I no longer have it on my PC

4. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

sparky - Please understand this - SpyCop is for key-logger detection - period.

It excels at that.

It is not designed to find "spyware" - that's what programs like SBS&D and SWG and SWB (and AA, of course) do. Pete

6. sparky

sparky Registered Member

Thanks Patrice and Pete! Appreciate the time you have taken to set me straight. It seems there is a need for a website to educate us ignorant people with regard to internet and software security in general. I guess that's what this forum is basically doing, and I'm thankful I found it. It's pretty confusing out there with regard to what does the job and what doesn't and how good they are. For example spycop: I didn't know it was key-logger only detection only. they certainly don't make that very clear.

Thanks again everyone for all your support.

sparky :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.