Bought upgrade from trial offer, but can't install registration key

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Waltski, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waltski

Waltski Registered Member

I tried using the trial version of Acronis' MigrateEasy, and it offered a 40% discount on TrueImage. I went to the Acronis site from the "Upgrade Now" link in the trial version and purchased the download version of TrueImage 9.0.
    I downloaded the software from the FPT site and received a key for the software in my email (which I then registered onsite with Acronis) and proceeded to load the full version. I was able to enter my new key, but was then prompted for a key from my old version. I looked but could find no key for the trial software, so cannot load my purchased Acronis TrueImage.

Where can I get a key for the trial download so that I can register and use the new software I purchased from Acronis?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I suggest you contact customer service directly - there should be a link to element5 near the bottom of the e-mail received after purchasing.

An Upgrade purchase assumes that you have a full license to a previous version, not a trial license. The full license key that you need is from a previous purchase, which you apparently don't have.

Blue

3. Waltski

Waltski Registered Member

Sent a request to Customer Services but have heard nothing yet.
    Regarding the upgrade, I followed the directions in the MigrateEasy trial version.

Starting up trial version of Migrate Easy asks you to click "Try Now!"

Selecting “Try Now!” brings up a screen offering upgrade for Acronis software at 40% off.

Clicking the “Click here to protect you system with Acronis True Image at 40% off…” brings you to the Acronis purchase site to pruchase the upgrade.

Selecting the “Upgrade” button brings you to the purchase screen, when you purchase the software.

Not sure why Acrtonis would offer the upgrade if it requires an additional key to use...

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Not sure why you're seeing that. The screens I see have options to Buy, Upgrade to the Current Version, or Trial the software. In any event, there's a 30 day money back guarantee, so you shouldn't have an issue sorting it out.

Blue

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Waltski,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the current inconvenience.

The point is that the current version of the free trial version of Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 mistakenly suggests you to visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade to Acronis True Image 9.0 instead of the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0, while the upgrade policy is actually is as BlueZannetti has described, which means that you should own the full version of either Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 or any previous version of Acronis True Image in order to be able to install the upgrade. The link to the online store will certainly be corrected in the nearest future.

Please submit a request for technical support containing the detailed description of the issue along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will certainly provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. verncat05

verncat05 Registered Member

Ripoff and scam. That is all I can say about this. I have the exact same issue. I e-mailed customer service directly and got a response that says I need to pay the full price (on top of the upgrade price that I have already paid) to get Migrate 7.0. At that point, supposedly I can chose another product form Acronis at no charge. Do I believe that? No and why should I? Hmmm. What a deal Acronis is working out for themselves! I have seen some pretty shady deals around the net before, this one ranks right up there with the worst. Great "customer" service.
    Thanks, but no thanks to your "deal".

Shawn

Oh, and the link will be fixed at the nearest future? It is now the end of Febuary. This is false advertising, pure and simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.