Bought new instead of renewal and not sure if I bought the correct version

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Matteo567, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matteo567

Matteo567 Registered Member

It's been about a year since I last posted here looking for some help (to contact a real person) now I need some advice again.

My license is up for renewal in 3 days and so I have just followed the links to renew my license.

Unfortunately I missed the "renewal" tab (it's been a long day!) and ended up buying a new licence.

I suppose that by itself is OK but it seems like it's not compatible with my system.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. The download Options ESET have sent me for what I've purchased are:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 for Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista (32-bit)
    and
    ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 for Microsoft Windows XP/Vista (64-bit)

I've Emailed the help desk but last time it took days to get a reply so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hello. First why on earth would the reseller send you download links for version 3.0, when version 6.0 is the latest o_O

Well if you go here you will be able to download the latest Version 6 of ESET NOD32 AV. :http://www.eset.com/download/home/detail/family/2/#offline
    And then during the install put in your Username and Password when asked to.

Regarding the renewal vs new license issue, i'm not sure about that, but surely the best way would be to contact the reseller were you bought it from and tell them that you simply pushed the wrong "button" and provide them with your old Username and Password so maybe they can put some money back on your account, since a buying new license is more expensive than if you would have renewed. HTH :)

4. Matteo567

Sorry for being dense but isn't that to purchase another new licence?

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

6. Matteo567

Thanks SweX.

Actually, I was replying to Janus (thanks BTW) but did so before I saw your more detailed reply.

I understand correctly, that link will make sure I get the version that is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit and the most up to date version (6.0 not 3.0!!!).

Then because I have already purchased a (new) license I just need to input my new username and password?

7. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Yep , you have understood it correctly :) A side note, just to follow up to what swex says in post 3 : normally, you may renew you license up to and 60 days after your license expires and still have the benefit of a discount. So try Swex advice. :thumb:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  8. Matteo567

Thanks guys, that seems to have worked.

Bit of a worry when a message popped up quickly about HIPS (I think) but it seems OK.

Fantastic site this is - especially if you're a bit of a luddite like me!

Thanks again.

9. acillatem

acillatem Registered Member

For the future, keep an eye on Newegg. You can get new software MUCH cheaper than the renewal. They have great sales on ESET software. Just sign up to get their emails, you'll see. You don't even have to install whatever version it is, just register to get your username and password. Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.