Both Spybot and Hijck Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by King Gary, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Gary

King Gary Registered Member

I've got Browser Hijack Blaster and Spybot S&D installed. The later has permanent IE immunity enabled. Do I need both these programs?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi King Gary,

On Spybot S&D's Immunize page, the upper section labeled "Permanent Internet Explorer immunity" refers to the setting of ActiveX "kill bits" to block hostile spyware elements. This is the same functionality provided by Javacool's SpywareBlaster product, and Spybot even recommends using both these tools together.

However, that section is not directly related to what Browser Hijack Blaster provides, so running Spybot and BHB together would be a good thing.

Is this what you were referring to, or did you mean other options in Spybot?

3. King Gary

King Gary Registered Member

I simply wanted to know if running both together would be necessary since at first glance they seem to provide the same protection against hijackers. Thanks LowWaterMark for your reply. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.