BootIt NG and USB 2.0 flash drive

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by egghead, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Hi everybody,

A couple of days ago I have bought my first USB 2.0 flash drive (Kingston Data TravellerII plus MIGO/1GB). Like it very much. Impressed by it’s speed (and the extra’s).

I have read that Corsair sells a flash drive of 8 GB (the latest model even 16 GB); it works with FAT 32.

I’m considering buying the 8 GB drive. I want to put an image of my C drive on this magic stick.

My question: is there a participant who has done this already? Does it work? (creating/restoring an image on/from the flash drive.)

NB the Kingston Drive is recognized by BING as HD 1 (I have 1 HD, this is labelled HD 0 by BING)

2. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

Absolutely. I have a clean image on a Flash Drive and it restores perfectly. No problems at all. Of course, you must have a fairly current motherboard, but in your case you said BING recognizes it, so probably no trouble. I also have the Corsair Voyager (4GB) and love it. The 16GB blows me away. What will we be talking about next Christmas?

3. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Genady,

Your my man! Thanks.

What you mean with "clean image" ?

Probably the 16GB Corsair flash drive for $ 25,00

С Новым Годом! (С наступаюшим!)

4. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

By "clean image" I just mean that I know it's safe, virus and spyware-free and I can slap it on anytime and know it's "clean."

С Новым годом К Вам Также Мой Друг!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.