Booting from recovery cd, usb ext. hd not recognized.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by daddyjack, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddyjack

daddyjack Registered Member

I have made a full backup using build 3633 to a maxtor usb external hard-drive. When I get into the recovery mode of the boot cd, the external drive is not recognized.

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

I gather that you made the backup while in Windows mode. When you booted with your Rescue CD, did you select Safe or Full Version? Sometimes Safe appears to do the trick. If neither of the versions work then burn another CD, preferably using different media, and try again.

3. daddyjack

daddyjack Registered Member

You are correct, I made the backup in windows. I did remake a Rescue CD with both Safe and Full. The boot CD sees both drives in the safe mode, which I did not use in the first try. However, it sees the external as "C", and the laptop drive as "D". I don't know as it matters as long as I know which is which, correct?

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

The boot CD is Linux, which assigns drive letters differently than Windows.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello daddyjack,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as TheWeaz siad disk letters in standalone Acronis True Image 9.0 Home might sometimes differ from the way Windows identifies drives. This is because Acronis Bootable Rescue CD contains a Linux kernel and Linux has its own rules of drive naming. For example, the D: drive identified in the standalone Acronis True Image might correspond to the E: drive in Windows. So, we may recommend you to name/label your partitions in order to avoid confusion.

As to the issue with the recognizing external USB hard drive when booting the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post. If the issue still persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.