Bootable NOD32 Antivirus Scanner CDRW

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WI Tech Guy, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WI Tech Guy

WI Tech Guy Registered Member

Tech Support at Nod32 sent me a link to this message broad for help on this matter so here's my question.

I have been using NOD32 for a few months now after hearing about it onLeo The Tech Guy . I like what a see what NOD32 all does so I ordered a few copies of it. Now I would like to make a bootable CDRW of NOD32 Antivirus scanner for perasonl use but I'm kind of lost when it comes to making bootable CDR/CDRW's

So far I found out I need to use the NOD32 DOS file & NOD32.000 files I found on the site but I'm wondering is there anything else I need to know about making daily updatable NOD32 boot CDRW?

So far I have been able to somewhat make a boot cd via Nero Express but when I get to the area requesting a bootable floopy I'm getting confused. Is this the MS DOS boot floopy that can be made by right clicking on the floopy drive & formatting a floopy as a MS DOS boot disk?

So that's as far as I have got so far. I Hope someone can help as I know computers just some areas not that well.

Thanks
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/techdoc/Custom-CFH-Calls.gif

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

3. WI Tech Guy

4. WI Tech Guy

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  5. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

There are two bootable CD's I use to create a bootable functional copy of NOD32 in the field:

1)I use the DOS version of NOD32 on Bart's Corporate Modboot ; this bootable CD provides full FAT/FAT32 access and read-only access to NTFS partitions with included NTFSPRO demo.

2) And the better way to go: Bart's PE , a Windows-like environment that provides full read-write access to NTFS partitions. A user created plugin is available for the Windows version of NOD32 that allows you to run NOD32 scans and update from a network or from a USB drive or other removeable media.

Regards,

David Kane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.