Bootable image for a clean reinstall....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bimbobo, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bimbobo

bimbobo Registered Member

Hi,
    I have another "silly" question...

If I have a new installed hard drive, let's say XP, all updates, Office 2003 all updates, Sound Card driver and Graphic card driver..., but not TI installed, how can I make an image at this point?

Can I do it like in Ghost 8 i.e. from the bootable rescue CD I made prior to the fresh install?

I install XP and make 2 partitions C and D, all updates for XP, Office 2003 and all updates, the 2 drivers, reboot with the rescue cd in, and when it boots up, I should be able to choose to make an image on a DVD of C with XP and Office and empty D partitions..

Is this correct?

If I need to use the image again, I reboot with the rescue disk, and from there I can retrieve the image from the DVD and have all installed again.

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you have already made the True Image Rescue CD you can make an Image of any system in whatever state it is in.

If you do not yet have the CD, you will have to install True Image, make the CD, then uninstall TI (if you do not want it in the image) and then make the Image using the CD.

3. bimbobo

Hi and thanks for the answer.

Rescue CD is made :p

Regards

4. bimbobo

I tried to play a bit with Acronis..but I am not sure I can find out.

My main goal is to have installed Windows XP with all SP and updates, and with 2 partition C and D..

I started the recovery disk made previously.. the wizard ask me to choose what to "backup"... I choose the C with Windows and D which is empty.

Where do I save this image? I cannot save it on the same disk/partition it seems... I would just like to save the image temporarely on D and the burn it on a DVD as it is less than 4.5 GB

I need an "idiot proof" guide here as I am a bit lost.

Regards

5. sparkymachine

sparkymachine Registered Member

If the D partition is empty then just choose to backup C and put that backup on D. If you only have C and D as hard drive partitions you can choose to backup both but you will have to backup directly to DVD. I do this without any problems.

I don't know if TI will even attempt to create a backup on the same partition you are backing up! certainly not recommended.

6. bimbobo

Thanks, it would be great to save it as an Image and burn it on demand..
    Maybe it's already possible. Anyway burning directly on a DVD is OK anyway.
    Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.