Bootable disk question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DEJAVU_US, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEJAVU_US

DEJAVU_US Registered Member

Hi, just installed Build 4940, on creating the bootable cd I noted it has two options, FULL and SAFE on creating the CD.
    Do I copy BOTH options on the same disk?
    On using the disk for a recovery do I have to make a choice?, I do not remember this choices with prior releases.
    thanks, I want to make sure before I run a test.
    David

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You can put both on the bootable recovery CD or just the one you want. When it boots up you will be given the choice of which one you want.

The Full is a Linux environment and contains support for USB, Firewire, networks etc. This is the one that should be used if it runs on the machine.

The Safe is a DOS variant and does not contain support for USB, Firewire, etc. This one is intended to be used if the Full doesn't start and you don't need USB etc. Users who have run Safe say it works but is very slow. Note that some motherboards will let you access USB via BIOS but this is not the majority of boards.

3. DEJAVU_US

DEJAVU_US Registered Member

thank you very much
    David

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DEJAVU_US,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that you can learn more about Acronis Bootable Rescue Media from the chapter 10 "Creating bootable media" of the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.