Bootable CD Error Msgs.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JohnJordan, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnJordan

JohnJordan Registered Member

Acronis Bootable cd

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 400 computer. It has two CD/DVD drives. One is a ROM drive and the other of the two, is CD/DVD RW.

I recently tried to restore using the Acronis Bootable CD. I booted using The ROM drive and then tried the RW drive. Both times I got the same error msg:
    “E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has detected unsupported hard disk drives. Acronis True Image Home does not support Windows Dynamic Disks, EZ-Drives, etc.”

In both cased the stand-alone Acronis started fine, but when I cked the RESTore thing, I gotthe error mess. I tried again and got the same msg.

I am not awarethat I have an EZ-Drive and do not know what Windows Dynamic Disks are or whether it meansmy hard disk or my CD/Dvd drives.
    My computer says that all of my drives are type: Basic (rather than Dynamic).
    Thank you ! Oh! Acronis works fine as long as I do not boot from the Bootable CD:
    :gack:

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

The version and build of True Image might have something to do with it. Meanwhile, these are known to cause problems for TI: multiple usb devices, including hubs, and wireless keyboard or mouse.

3. JohnJordan

I *do* have USB Mouse, Keyboard and Printer connected. They are not wireless, though. What do you think--could these cause it?
    I have Acronis T.I. Home 9.0 vs. version 3677.
    Will the new vs 10.0 solve it?
    :doubt:

4. kenton

kenton Registered Member

Your Dell has a hidden partition for recovery already

5. JohnJordan

My Dell Computer had been refurbished. I neeeded to work with dell for a few months to get it working well. I therefore would like to restore using Acronis rather than the hidden partition. I don't know -- would starting from the Acronis bootable CD be usefull only if I had lost all on my Hard drive and wanted to restore from DVD's? I have yet to use Acronis to back up to my RW DVD's. Thanks.

o_O

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.