Bootable CD Error Msgs.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JohnJordan, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnJordan

JohnJordan Registered Member

Acronis Bootable cd

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 400 computer. It has two CD/DVD drives. One is a ROM drive and the other of the two, is CD/DVD RW.

I recently tried to restore using the Acronis Bootable CD. I booted using The ROM drive and then tried the RW drive. Both times I got the same error msg:
    “E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has detected unsupported hard disk drives. Acronis True Image Home does not support Windows Dynamic Disks, EZ-Drives, etc.”

In both cased the stand-alone Acronis started fine, but when I cked the RESTore thing, I gotthe error mess. I tried again and got the same msg.

I am not awarethat I have an EZ-Drive and do not know what Windows Dynamic Disks are or whether it meansmy hard disk or my CD/Dvd drives.
    My computer says that all of my drives are type: Basic (rather than Dynamic).
    Thank you ! Oh! Acronis works fine as long as I do not boot from the Bootable CD:
    :gack:

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

The version and build of True Image might have something to do with it. Meanwhile, these are known to cause problems for TI: multiple usb devices, including hubs, and wireless keyboard or mouse.

3. JohnJordan

I *do* have USB Mouse, Keyboard and Printer connected. They are not wireless, though. What do you think--could these cause it?
    I have Acronis T.I. Home 9.0 vs. version 3677.
    Will the new vs 10.0 solve it?
    :doubt:

4. kenton

kenton Registered Member

Your Dell has a hidden partition for recovery already

5. JohnJordan

My Dell Computer had been refurbished. I neeeded to work with dell for a few months to get it working well. I therefore would like to restore using Acronis rather than the hidden partition. I don't know -- would starting from the Acronis bootable CD be usefull only if I had lost all on my Hard drive and wanted to restore from DVD's? I have yet to use Acronis to back up to my RW DVD's. Thanks.

o_O

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.